Chapter 13 Lies

Chapter 13: Lies

Even though Moonlight had told Nobody that she wasn’t going to drink anymore that night, she opened the bottle back up. She knew if she had not lied, he would still be out talking to her. It was not that she didn’t like him, it was just she didn’t want to talk to anyone at the moment. Her head was still trying to wrap itself over the whole dream that she had just had.

If she couldn’t even understand the dream, why would anyone else? She drank straight from the bottle now, the light burn in her throat gone. She drank the whiskey as if it was water. Ever since she had started drinking, she had been able to drink and drink, and not have any effect on her, unless she spent the whole night drinking. If she did that, it would make her lose part of her memory which was probably bad for her, but she didn’t care. It helped her stay sane in the crazy world. 

She spent the rest of the early morning hours slowly drinking the whiskey, until she heard movement coming from around the lair. Soon, Raptarr appeared in the kitchen. He, Donny, and Master Splinter had just gotten back from Avian. Moonlight saw that her whiskey was almost gone, and chugged the rest of it down.

“You seem down.” Raptarr said with some concern in his voice.

“Nay. I just couldn’t sleep be all.” She said, not realizing her original accent was now taking over. If she was not careful, she would sound like a leprechaun. Her Irish accent was heavy, very heavy.

“Oh. I see. I have you been drinking?” Raptarr asked, taking the bottle from Moonlight’s hand gently.

“Ai” She said. “Its been helpin.”

When Moonlight saw the look on Raptarr’s face, she knew she had done something wrong.

“I used my Irish accent, didn’t I?” She asked.

“If that is what people from Ireland sound like then yes.” He said with a chuckle in his voice.

“Why don’t you use it more often?” Came Donny’s voice.

Moonlight’s face turned red with imbursement.

“I like it.” Came Raphael’s voice from right behind his brother. Which made her face turn even warmer. “Why don’t you use it?” He walked into the kitchen all the way and took a seat at the table right across from her.

“Well.. I can’t be sounden like a leprechaun if I live in New York, now can I?” She said in such a heavy Irish tone, it seemed as though Raph almost couldn’t really understand what she was saying, because it was so heavy. He and everyone else began to laugh. They had never heard her talk like that. Moonlight sat at the table shaking her head with a grin on her face. Finally, everyone stopped laughing and calmed down. Raph got up when he saw that Moonlight wasn’t smiling anymore. She was looking down at the table her hands holding each other. He walked over to her and sat down next to her. He placed a hand on hers and squeezed tightly.

“Ya alright?” He asked. Trying to capture her gaze.

“Yeah… Just-“ She said and let out a sigh. “Nothing.”

“I doesn’t sound like nothing.” Raph said. Wanting her open up. Everyone had left the kitchen now and it was just the two of them. “Ya can tell.”

“I know.. I just- I don’t want to talk about right now.” She said in a low voice.

Raph had never seen Moonlight act this way. In the year that they had been together, she had never closed up herself like this. It was making Raph worry very much.

“Alright. But if ya need ta talk, just tell me.” He said.

“Alright.” Moonlight said, finally looking up at Raph and into his eyes. He leaned into to kiss her. She wrapped her arms round the back of his neck and held on tight. Raph knew whatever was wrong, was really getting to Moonlight. She held him like she hadn’t held him for years. When she pulled back, she finally had her Moonlight smile back.