Chapter 6 The New Member

Chapter 6: The New Member

Once Moonlight and the turtles had reached the lair, Master Splinter came out of his room, with horror written on his face when he saw Moonlight was wounded, and suffering from blood loss.

“What happened?” He demanded.

“I will tell you what happened. Raph, Donny, take Moonlight to the infirmary, and do you need to do. Mikey and I will tell Master Splinter what happened.” Leo said turning to his brothers. Mikey followed Leo into Splinter’s room, and Raph carried Moonlight into the infirmary. Donny instructed that Raph remove the bandages, and cut away part of Moonlight’s pants so he could work on her wound, after Raph laid her down on the closest cot. When Raph looked down at her leg, the bandages were soaked with blood, and when you touched them, the blood would seep out.

Raph grabbed the scissors, “I need ta move your leg so I can unwrap the bandages. They are too thick ta cut through.” He said in a calm voice. When Moonlight didn’t answer he looked over at her, and saw that her eyes were rolling around in their sockets. “Moonlight. Stay with me. Moonlight.” Raph yelled grabbing her head and shaking it a little.

“What’s going on?” Came the familiar voice of Nobody.

“She was shot in the leg and lost a lot of blood.” Raph said, tripping over the words for they were coming out of his mouth too fast.

Nobody ran to the other side of the cot, and instructed Raph to hand him the scissors. Raph did and then he moved to the head of the bed. “Try to keep her awake.” Nobody said, as he struggled to cut the bandages free, for there was no time to unwrap them.

“She’s fadin fast.” Raph cautioned. “How do I keep her awake?”

“You won’t like it, but it’s the only option he have right now until Donny gets back with whatever he ran to get.” When Nobody looked up, he saw Raph look into Moonlight’s half closed eyes, and saw how much the red banded turtle cared for the girl. Raph turned his head slightly closing his eyes letting a tear fall down his cheek. It was the first time Nobody had ever seen Raph begin to cry.

“Do it.” Opening his eyes, keeping them locked on Moonlight’s face. The dread in Raph’s voice indicating he knew what Nobody had to do. Raphael placed his hands on her shoulders, to keep her from moving too much when the pain came.

Nobody gripped Moonlight’s thigh, and pressed his thumbs on the surrounding skin of her wound. Moonlight let out a blood curdling cry, and jerked her body and head back. Her eyes shot open, and tears started to run hot down her cheeks. Raphael saw the panic on her face, and leaned over her, so she could see him. Her moans and cries were loud, causing Raph to feel sick to stomach. He couldn’t imagine the pain she was in.

 “Look at me Moonlight.” Raph said. “Focus on my voice.”

“What’s… What is hap… happening?” Moonlight said in-between sobs.

“Ya need to stay awake. Can ya do that for me?”

Moonlight shook her head yes. Then the panic came back to her face, even heavier than the last time. She let out another wale, pushing her head back into the pillow. Raph looked down at the end of the bed, and saw Donatello pull a needle out of her wounded leg. He then reached for a stitching needle, and the heavy thread he used for stitches.

“I can’t wait for the medicine to kick in. I have to do it know.” Donny said.

Raph looked back over at Moonlight grabbing her hand with his. He squeezed it, and she squeezed back lightly. Her moans were now muffled, because she began to close her eyes and relax her body.