Chapter 24 Taken

Chapter 24: Taken

Moonlight had gotten up early at the request of Karai to meet with her to go over the plans once more. As Moonlight walked along the streets, keeping her head low and trying to avoid everyone else she couldn’t help but feel like she was going into bad news. When she reached to abandoned warehouse, Karai was already there pacing around impatiently.

“Is everything alright?” Moonlight asked when she saw the other girl.

“No. It is not.” Karai said. “We need to make new plans right now.” She frantically spoke.

“Wait what? What the hell is going on?” Moonlight asked.

“Shredder is planning something. I don’t know what it is. I have tried to find out but he will not tell me. It takes place tonight. He will not be where we want him.” Karai said, trying to stay calm. “I will not even be going on the mission.”

“Now what? It’s not like we can just postpone this till next week. It needs to be dealt with now.”

“Yes I know.” Karai said. “But we can tonight. We will not be able to find him.”

“Alright…” Moonlight said with a sigh.” I will tell the guys. Meet me here in two nights. We will come up with another plan.”

Moonlight left the building and headed back to the lair. She had no idea what she was going to do now. Her patience was already starting to wear thin with Shredder. It was just a matter of time till she broke.

As Moonlight walked into the lair she noticed everyone looking at her, waiting for news.

“Karai said that Shredder is going on a mission tonight and will not be where we want him. The mission has been canceled for now.” She said, her voice rough and ragged. Raph could tell the difference.

“I cant believe it.” Mikey said. “The one time we finally have Shredder where we want him, he moves.”

“When will we be going then?” Leo asked.

“I have to meet with Karai two nights from now. Then we will decide another day for the mission.” Moonlight said leaning against the cool wall, feeling to cold seep into her bones.

After talking to the guys, April and Casey had shown up to visit. They had just gotten back from a trip, but needed to head out somewhere else. April asked Moonlight if she could watch the shop while she was gone. Sure enough Moonlight said yes. The Justice Force had left town for a few days as well. They were out on a mission.

Hours had passed and soon enough it was around 5 in the afternoon. Raph sat alone in his room kneeling down over his desk looking at the ring that Casey had given to him for Moonlight.

When all this is over, Raph thought. As he studied it more he heard his name being yelled from the lair. As he made his way to the door, he had the feeling that something was wrong. He opened his door, and was met by a big wall of gas. He jumped back but the gas had gotten to him and he was knocked. The last thing he saw before his eyes closed, was a huge figure looming over him, laughing in an evil way. Hun.

Leo awoke with a sudden jolt. He felt his wrists were bound to the wall above his head about two feet from each other. The same with his legs and ankles. His weapons were gone, but his brothers were in the same position he was. They were all anchored to the wall along with Master Splinter. The wall itself was damp stone and rounded so they all could see each other.

“Wh- what happened?” Mikey asked he woke up. “My head hurts.”

“We were ambushed.” Donny said, Leo had not noticed Donny was up as well.

“Raph. Are you up?” Leo asked.

“Yeah.” Came his groggy raspy voice.

Across from Leo was a door. To the right of it was Mikey then Donny, followed by Leo, Master Splinter, and Raph. Master Splinter had woken up as well and was looking around. Raph had started to squirm in his cuffs trying to break them, Mikey doing the same.

“Where are we?” Donny asked.

“You’re in Foot headquarters.” Came Hun’s voice as he walked into the room. “And this is where you are going to stay.”