Chapter 21 Talk

Chapter 21: Talk

The next morning Moonlight headed out of her room into the lair and into the kitchen. Though it was only 7 in the morning, and no one was up, she still needed to be alone for at least a few minutes. She still had her PTSD pills in her pocket, she took them out and held them in her hand.

“When did you get back?” John asked as he walked into the kitchen and sat down across the table from her.

“About one this morning.” She said placing the pills under the table, trying to be fast so John wouldn’t see them. But he had and was curious.

“What are those?” He asked.

“Just some pills that the doctor said I should take.”

“Can I ask what they are for?”

Moonlight was silent, she didn’t want to talk about it, but knew he wanted to know. She opened the lid, put a pill in her mouth, and swallowed. “PTSD” she said, looking down at the table top, studying the hard rock top.

“Oh…. I didn’t know you had that.” He said in a low voice. “I’m sorry, I know it’s hard to deal with it.”

“Well… I haven’t had to take these for a while. I just need them after what happened last night.”

“What Raph said?”

“A little, but something else happened as well. I think I just got myself into something I don’t think I can do.” Moonlight said.

“What happened?”

“If I tell you, don’t tell Leo or anyone. I need to tell them.” Moonlight said looking into his eyes.

“I promise.”

“Last night, Karai and I had a talk. She found me and she was alone-“

“Whoa! You met with Karai? Why haven’t you told anyone yet?”

“I’m telling someone now and it’s not what you think. She wants to team up with us and take out shredder. If we help her, she promises to cease all hunting o the guys and everyone else that is close to the guys.” Moonlight said.

“You trust that bitch?” John said, his face in amazement.

“I do trust her. And she is not a bitch.” Moonlight said. “Well- maybe to you she is, but to me she isn’t.” She said when she saw the unsatisfied look on John’s face. 

“So you made a deal with her?” He asked.

“Not quite.” She said looking down. “She said the only way the deal will work, is if-“ Moonlight trailed off.

“What?” John asked.

“If the guys help with it. I know it sounds crazy but just hear me out. I know Karai. I know her well, she wouldn’t betray me.” Moonlight said looking at him in the eye. When she saw the unconvinced look she sighed. “I know how people can change, and I know how fast they can. But she would go against Shredder if she was going to hurt me or the guys.” She raised her hand and looked at the locket in her palm. The dragon necklace that had once belonged to her father. When opened would play a tune that she had not heard for some time. But the music necklace had been broken a while ago, and would not play its tune.

“What is that?” John asked.

“A peace offering from Karai. It belonged to my father. Shredder took it when he killed my father.” She said setting it on the table. “After all these years of thinking I had lost it for good, it was in Shredder’s hands this whole time.” She could feel the tears gathering in her eyes, just thinking about her father was making her upset. “I just her because of this. I trust her because getting this to me means the world.” Moonlight said, knowing John wouldn’t believe her.