Chapter 7

The food court was as rowdy as ever as Peter munched on his plate of chips, when he felt Ned sit next to him.

"How are things going?" he asked carefully.

And was surprised and happy when Peter met him with the usual full on grin.

"See for yourself." Peter smiled sliding his phone across the table.

That morning there hadn't been much of a chance to talk with many pop quizzes, and the weekend had been busy for the both of them with homework and family chores. Ned taking g the phone read various emails between Harry and Peter, catching up, arranging to meet and Harry saying how his father had recovered and how he was already working to fix the labs.

"Hey that's brilliant!"

"Yeah I know, that and Happy is helping Ocsorp rebuild their labs but making sure that they don't re-manufacture those designs. So everything's all good."

"Great!"

"I also got an email of Liz. She saw her dad in prison and although it was hard on her she was glad to see her dad. She's also got a boyfriend now."

"Aww dude that sucks."

"Why?"

"Well you liked her didn't you?"

"Yeah I did, but now I'm happy for her. As you know..."

"Yeah I know." Ned nodded knowing as well who The Vulture was too.

"Ooh cool fries."

"Hey those are my fries!" Peter whined as MJ took one.

"This is the price for being my friend." she shrugged opening up her latest book.

"What book are you reading now MJ?" (Y/N) asked also taking a seat with her food.

"Its a classic seeming though we're rereading to Kill a Mockingbird in Class I'm in a classic mood, its the Picture of Dorian Grey."

"I've needing to read that one too. Although my favorite is A Little Princess."

"Why do you two read so much?"

"Well life is pretty boring so I read exciting stories."

"I'm sure you must have some good stories."

"Well the only one I can think of off the top of my head is that time I smashed a light bulb with a toy light saber."

"What?"

"I was playing with my dads toy double ended lightsaber, flipping it around and all that, when he warned me I was going to hit the light bulb. And then when I was halfway through saying 'it's fine'. I smashed the light bulb."

"That's fantastic." Ned chuckled.

A detailed conversation concerning Star Wars along with favorite characters and pieces of merchandise. During which (Y/N) found Spiderman's opinion of Peter to be correct. He was cheery. And just as big a geek as she was.

"By the way Parker can we come round your place tomorrow night?" MJ suddenly changed the topic.

"What!? Where did that come from!?" Peter demanded nearly spilling his drink.

"Weren't you listening in class? We've got a group project to do and as you were daydreaming I said we'd all be a team."

"So hang on what do we actually have to do?"

"We need to make character profiles on the Finch family, some stupid exercise for those without imagination. So lets do it at your place."

"W-well why can't we do it at your place?"