Chapter 15

"How about we invite Wade Wilson? He's a fun guy."

"No Tony."

"Alright. But I'm inviting the kid."

The wife and husband to be were sat going through the guest list on Tony's tablet. Pepper putting any of Tony's crazy ideas out of commission quickly and promptly. Although it had taken some time getting him to give up the idea of confetti canons. And she had sadly lost the fight with Tony wanting at least one suit at the wedding to represent Friday.

"I'd like Peter there too." Pepper smiled. She had already grown rather motherly towards him, despite the two only knowing each other for a short while.

"And why don't we tell him to bring his lady friend as his plus one."

"Tony, you're not Cupid."

"Says the one who sent that fancy bag."

"How about we ask him to bring all three of his friends, that way he won't be as nervous or lonely. As there's going to be a lot of adults."

"See this is why I love you. You take all my ideas and make them better. And I'd like to finally meet this Ned and MJ he's always talking about."

"Then it's settled."

"Invitations." With a flourish Tony tapped the screen "sent!"

**********************

"I'd never accept such a delusional offer off a criminal such as you!"

Norman's mind hadn't been occupied by any other thought, repeating Spider-Man's words in his head. Sat there in his lab, clumsily dressed, abusing his body. Not having eaten or drank anything since yesterday, his sanity was sleeping away. Drastically.

"I'm the criminal?" He spat "when he was the one who destroyed my work, made my own company turn against me, and then prevent me on extracting me revenge on those who exiled me!?"

As he spoke his voice grew in volume.

"Yes that's right... he's your enemy..."

There it was again. That voice in his head.

In his first week of exile, when Norman still had hope for his future, he had worked tirelessly to remake the prototypes, combining them all in the form of the hover board. But then he needed more materials to make the bombs, leading him to use the hover broad to rob  his own company, knowing they would deny him access to the warehouse.

And then when he was fired, he kept the board for his own ends. Improving it to help him take out his revenge. However, Norman was still a middle aged man, he ate healthy until recently, but had never been one for combat. And so he tested on himself a developing formula he had in his lab, he had been fired before he could present it to the board.

It was meant to drastically improve metabolism, stamina, senses and reflexes. Inhaled in gas form, it had worked. His body felt 20 years younger. More energy. More motivation. But there had been one drastic side effect.

A voice grew in his mind, one that found its way into his voice box when he became the 'Goblin'. It cleared his mind of all risks and fear of consequences. And he savored every moment when it took over, obeying its every command.