WE DID IT!!

ARTICLE 11 AND 13 WERE REJECTED TODAY BY THE EU PARLIAMENT!

Today the vote was held and article 11 and 13 were rejected by the EU parliament 318 votes to 278! It had been completed rejected and sent back to the drawing board. Meaning that none of the stupid laws will be put in place, we are still free to share out fan content and we wont be taxed for simply making and sharing links.

The vote was swayed by many people in the EU parliament not liking the new laws and being opened up to the consequences it would have, along with the creator of the internet rightly stating that this would be the end of the free internet along with Wikipedia in many countries going on strike.

And yet there were still cash grabbing people like Paul McCartney who said it should be voted for so musicians music wouldn't be stolen or remixed, when hes hardly making music anymore and is making enough money as it is.

But either way we won today!

BUT THE FIGHT ISN'T OVER YET!!

The battle has been won but this isn't the end of the war! The next vote will be held in September where new versions of article 11 and 13 will be suggested and vote for, but hopefully they wont be as ridiculous as this time, but they'll probably still have lots of things we wont like. So we will need to fight again!

And here's what you can do to help!:

* Keep any eye on the news coming up to September, the media was deliberately quiet about this so people wouldn't know about it and today is the first time a lot of people are hearing about article 13, when they could have been helping us.

*Keep spreading the word, like I just said the media was deliberately quiet about this, I only found out because of a Tweet MatPat (Game Theory) made. We now have some time to get even more people on our side in this fight, lets spend this time wisely"

* Don't forget about this, make sure that come September you remember what happened today so we can fight for the same result and act quickly.

* When the time comes fight and act with us again

Yes there will be a new vote in September but now we know what to do and there's a lot of good on our side! America are now more aware of this and so will hopefully help us out like we did them with Net Neutrality, and more people are learning about what just happened and will be around in September.

I will post another chapter like this in September providing more links to make it easier for you guys to help again. And let me just say...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED, COMMENTED AND FOLLOWED THE LINKS, SPREAD THE WORD AND SIGNED PETITIONS! WHETHER YOU'RE IN THE EU OR AMERICA OR SOMEWHERE ELSE THANK YOU! LETS KEEP THE FIGHT UP! THANK YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU HELPED!