He's Mad [E]

warnings: curse words, angst, a little fluff if you really look.
———

8:00 pm ~ Denny's

"I got some new shoes for that dinner that your mom asked us to come to," I spoke up. My eyes scanned the menu, but so far nothing seems good. "Also, a new dress," I add. "But I'm not gonna wear it," I said biting the inside of my cheek and flip to another page.

When nothing seems to catch my eyes I put down the menu and looked at Ethan who was still looking at the menu. "Denny's is getting kinda boring, baby. Don't you think?" I asked with a furrow of my brows.

Ethan didn't even look at me. His eyes gazing at the menu. "Baby?" I called softly. I tried to get him to look at me. "Are you listening?" I asked.

"Hmm... yeah." He said not taking his eyes off the menu. He has a serous face and he didn't even talk to me since he came home from Grayson's. Just a couple 'yeah's and 'uh huh'.

"So, what are you gonna get?" I asked, trying to spark up a conversation.

"I don't know," he said putting the menu down.

"Hello, what can I get you guys to drink?" The waiter asked, taking his note pad and a pen out.

"I'll have a Pepsi," I said smiling up at him.

"Okay and for you?" He looked over at Ethan who just picked up the menu again and pretended to look.

"He'll have one too," I forced a smile. With a quick okay the waiter left. "What the hell was that?" I asked with a serous tone.

"What?" He said not looking at me.

"Never mind," I rolled my eyes and picked up my phone. I'll just get a burger and french fries.

A couple minutes passed and the waiter came back with our drinks. "Are you two ready to order?"

"Yes, I am." I hand him my menu. "Can I just get a regular burger, no pickles. And some french fries, please."

"Okay and do you want another side?" He asks. I shake my head and he nods with a smile. "And for him?" He asks me and I just looked over at Ethan.

"The same thing will do." I yank the menu from Ethan and he just shoots daggers with his eyes as I hand the poor boy the menu.

"I'll be back with your meals."

"Thank you." I smiled at him one last time. I looked at Ethan and he was back to ignoring me by being on his phone.

"Ethan, can you talk to me? You didn't even look at me once since we came." I said cupping my face with my hands.

He put his phone down and looked at me. "Happy?" He asked in a sassy tone.

"Ethan, what the hell is the matter with you?" I asked. "You're acting like if I did something bad to you."

"Y/n, who is this?" He asked showing me a picture of a guy and I at Hollywood. He's got to be kidding me. I roll my eyes and lean back on my seat.

"That's my friend," I said taking the phone from his hands.

"Well he seems to be all up in your grill," he said taking the phone right back.

"Is this why your mad? And ignoring me?" I asked and he chuckled with a roll of his eyes.

"Yes, that's why." He shook his head. "un-like," he clicked making me laugh and shake my head.