十五

quince

+

it was the following day since the stair incident and taehyung was yet to awaken. determined to take care of her boyfriend, joy had spent the night at the hospital, the couch in taehyung's room serving as her bed.

jimin had tried to persuade his sister that taehyung was just gonna be fine without her for a night and she can come back the next morning, but joy still insisted. giving up, jimin told her to at least return home to get some spare clothes and so she did, but returned to the hospital right away.

currently gazing at taehyung's sleeping facade, joy had her chin rested on her palms whilst her elbows placed on the mattress where taehyung laid, resting. she hummed a melody as she remained in her prevailing position, breaking the tranquil silence in the room and filling the empty void with a soft and serene harmony.

"hey, kim taehyung." joy whispered. "wake up, will you?" 

poking the boy's right cheek with her index finger, she quietly giggles when suddenly, taehyung squinted his body and let out a muffled groan. silently gasping, joy stood up from her seat and examined taehyung for a moment.

"taehyung?" she called out softly. "are you awake?"

but he wasn't.

he was still occupied in his slumber.

joy sighs in disappointment  after finding no other movement from taehyung except his exhaling and inhaling chest. about to go back to her seat, joy was suddenly pulled back by a strong hand, resulting her to land onto taehyung's body.

"t-taehyu-" she stuttered but paused when she felt taehyung's arms embracing her firmly.

looking up to see the boy's face, joy arched an eyebrow when she found him with eyes still closed. is he dreaming?

"don't go," taehyung muttered unconsciously in his sleep. "please don't leave me..."

joy felt her heart race rapidly ─ a bad feeling creeping up on her.

"...irene."

-

a/n: this took so long to update I'm so sorry. I just didn't have the motivation to write this past few weeks, or month.