三十八

treinta y ocho

+

it had only been five minutes since eunwoo left joy's house when a familiar figure scurried right past him. eunwoo furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he squinted his eyes at the petite form.

"sooyoung?" he whispers to himself. then, with wide eyes, he starts to run after her. "sooyoung!"

joy refused to look back. rather, she didn't hear him. all sounds seem to be blocked from entering her hearing. nothing mattered to her at the moment. her entire attention was focused on running away ― to escape.

intrigued, eunwoo fastens his speed and eventually catches up to joy. eunwoo reached out and grabbed ahold of joy's thin wrist. he gently pulled her back, stopping her. 

joy did not resist nor tried to run away once again. she remained still, with her head low, her back facing eunwoo.

"sooyoung, what's wro―" eunwoo spins joy around and pauses when he caught sight of her face.

"why are you crying...?"

joy glances up and sees eunwoo peering at her in concern. she crinkled her eyebrows and began sobbing harder. her cries of agony echoed in the dark and empty street, startling eunwoo even further.

eunwoo gazes at her in pity. then, he gently pulls joy close to him and wraps his arms around her. joy cried onto his shirt, tinting it with tears. meanwhile, eunwoo caresses her head with one hand, and the other clumped onto one of joy's shoulders as he embraced her for the second time today.

"cry as much as you want." eunwoo whispered to her gently. "it's okay, let it all out. i'm here for you."