三十四

treinta y tres
+

it was already dark when eunwoo offered joy to walk her home. joy refused the offer but the boy insisted, saying that it's dangerous for a lady to walk alone at night. therefore in the end, joy eventually agreed.

silence prevailed as the pair sauntered. but it was comfortable silence, not awkward. joy smiled, glad about the feeling of ease warming her heart. she was ecstatic eunwoo was there for her. she was grateful and appreciated his concern. eunwoo is a good and considerate person, she was certain.

when they reached joy's house, the two stood at the front of the gate, facing each other in silence.

"thank you, eunwoo-ssi." joy smiled at the boy.

eunwoo smiled back, "yup, no problem." he said. "i'll see you tomorrow, sooyoung-ah. go in first before i leave."

joy was about to protest and argue that he should leave first when she realized eunwoo was stubborn so she stopped. she knew that even if she only met him today because he truly showed that trait so much for joy to be certain that even if she told him to leave first, he wouldn't and insist she go in first. thus, joy simply grinned and bowed slightly to eunwoo.

turning around, joy entered the gate and walked up to her doorsteps. knowing that her family was inside, she rang the doorbell instead, rather than using her key which is probably dug in at the the bottom of her bag.

after a few moments, joy heard the door unlock as it opened wide to reveal a familiar tall man at the other side. joy gasped silently as she gaped at the young man staring down at her with a blank face.

"kim taehyung?" joy questioned. "what are you doing here?"