二十二

veintidós
+

feeling the countless tears that threatened to fall, joy was all of a sudden, crying again. her weeps resounded through the air and she couldn't stop no matter how hard she tried to, even covering her mouth tightly with her hands to prevent the morose cries of despair.

meanwhile, the young man watched her in dejection, his body frozen and his mind skeptical. what is he suppose to do now? silently watch? as much as he wanted to embrace and comfort her, he couldn't, considering the fact that they just met. so instead, he hesitantly landed a hand on her head, lightly patting it gently.

"...you did good." he whispered, a tiny sympathetic smile forming on his lips.

hearing his words, joy let out a few more sobs and hiccups until she finally wiped the tears out of her eyes. then, she glanced up at him, meeting his gentle eyes that seemed to tell her it's okay.

"can...i really tell you my problems...?" she hesitantly muttered. the boy smiled at her and nodded, saying; "sure, you can."

and so she did. the latter listened to her in silence, not once interrupting but only bobbing his head as joy voiced out her complications. it felt nice to let it out. like a heavy burden lifted off her shoulders.

"i-i'm scared that taehyung...will never regain his memories of me." she cried. "if he really doesn't remember me, what's the point of seeing him and pretending like nothing happened and still act as his girlfriend? i can't face him. it's impossible."

the boy sighed. "you know," he began. "just because he fogot you doesn't mean he can't remember you all over again. and rather than running away from him, shouldn't you be trying? interact with him as much as you can. communicate! help him remember. perhaps, by doing all those things, there's a possibility that he could regain his memories back. when you really care about that person, you should make an effort. not an excuse...just because you're scared."

joy crouched down and burried her face into her knees. she thought about it. and he was right. she was being such a huge coward. and it wasn't helping.

two choices she had; either walk away or try harder. and she chooses to try harder.

-

a/n: school started today, im exhausted.