四十

cuarenta
+

"come in." eunwoo gestures for joy as he held the front door open for her.

hesitantly, joy steps inside and marvels her eyes around the house. eunwoo's home gave her a soothing feeling, as if the house itself was welcoming her and somehow made her feel like home.

"thank you for having me." joy mutters as she takes off her shoes while eunwoo closes the door behind them.

"yup," eunwoo replies back. "you're welcome anytime."

joy followed eunwoo into the house and entered their living room. eunwoo motioned for joy to sit down on the couch and so she did.

"have you eaten dinner?" eunwoo asked. but then, he shook his head as he remembered. "ah, nevermind. you haven't eaten dinner yet, have you?"

joy nodded.

eunwoo smiled at her. "do you want some pork belly?" he asked.

joy's ears perked up at the mention of the meat. before she could even control herself, a huge smile enveloped her face as she vigorously nodded in favour.

"that would be great!" she exclaimed. "pork belly is my favourite."

eunwoo could only chuckle at her as he proceeded to the kitchen while joy followed behind him. when they reached the kitchen which also connected to the dining room, joy took a seat on one of the chairs on the dining table. she watched eunwoo's broad and tall figure as he worked on preparing the food.

"should i help?" joy offered but eunwoo shook his head.

"no need. it's okay. i just need to heat up the pork belly we had for leftovers─ ah, excuse me that i'll be providing you our leftovers. is that alright?"

joy smiled. "it's fine. i don't mind."

after a few moments of silence, joy spoke again. "where's your sister?" she asked, wondering.

eunwoo had assured her that his sister will be home before joy could even agree to come into his house, in case she was uneasy for going to his home with only the two of them alone. he also told her that his parents will also be home when they finish their work. eunwoo have even contacted them to ask for permission before the two of them went to his house.

"she's probably in her room, sleeping." eunwoo said. "do you want me to wake her up?"

"don't." joy immediately denied. "you don't need to."

eunwoo shrugged and walked over to her with a plate on his hands. he then placed it in front of joy while muttering a "here" and sat on the other side of the table, across her.

"thank you for the food." joy grinned as she shoved a spoonful in her mouth.

eunwoo watched but when joy glanced up, meeting his eyes, he looked away and began eating his own dinner. they sat there in silence, devouring their dinner for minutes.

when they finished, joy offered to wash the dishes but eunwoo strongly denied. but when joy kept insisting, mentioning that it's all she could do to say thanks for letting her spend the night in their house, eunwoo finally agreed.

"i'll get your room for the night ready while you wash the dishes then." eunwoo informed her.

"okay." joy said as she proceeded to do her part.

eunwoo left the kitchen and headed to the guest room to get it ready. by the time he returned, joy had just finished and was drying her hands.

"done?" eunwoo queried and joy nodded as a response. "then do you want to go to your room now?"

"sure." she answered.

joy followed eunwoo to the guest room on the second floor. opening the door, they entered. joy scanned the room and grinned in satisfaction.

"i'll leave you alone now." eunwoo said as he backed away to the door. "if you want to use the bathroom, it's at the very end of the hallway."

"okay," joy nodded. "thank you, eunwoo."

"no problem." eunwoo smiled. "goodnight, sooyoung."

"goodnight to you too, eunwoo." joy replied. "sweet dreams."

eunwoo sent her an okay sign. "thanks. i'll see you in my dreams, sooyoung."

joy could only smile back as eunwoo finally closed the door, leaving her alone.

-

a/n: fun fact: park sooyoung is hot asf