二十五

veinticinco
+

today was the day taehyung was scheduled to be discharged from the hospital. aware, taehyung entered the washroom installed in his room to change fron his hospital gown to casual clothes. once he was finished changing, he exited it and found joy's back figure facing him.

"what are you doing here?" taehyung voiced out, grabbing her attention as she spun around to look.

"hey oppa," joy grinned and walked over to him. "here, let me get that." she grabbed the hospital gown from his hands and she headed to the bed, placing it on the mattress where she began folding it neatly.

taehyung looked around the room and found his parents and jimin who were once there, nowhere in sight. "where did they go?" he asked.

"oh, your parents went to the receptionist to pay for the hospital bills while my brother excused himself, saying that he was gonna visit someone he knew admitted here for a bit. he'll come back soon, he says."

taehyung keenly watched joy's every movement as she tidied up the room a bit. watching her engrossed his attention until he found himself admiring the way her long raven hair swayed as she moved and how her eyes gazed ever so softly on what she was doing with such attentiveness.

"oh, and they said to meet them in the entrance instead." joy spoke, automatically breaking his stare at joy's figure as he mentally cursed himself for being too immersed on her.

"if so, let's go then." taehyung said and he grabbed his bag of clothes and headed out of the room without sparing another glance at joy.

"hey, wait for me!" joy exclaimed and ran after him. she catched after him and walked beside the boy along the hallway, a smile forming on her lips as she gazed up at him in delight.

"don't stare at me." he sternly instructed.

"why?"

"it's making me uncomfortable."

"how about we make a deal?" joy grinned, her eyes still fixated on him. "i won't stare at you if you do me a favor."

"what is it?"

joy held out her hand. "hold my hand."

taehyung stared down at her with a raised eyebrow. "that's more uncomfortable than having you stare at me."

joy shrugged, "fine then. i'll keep staring at you until you hold my hand."

the young man decided to ignore her and continued walking in silence. still sensing her stares at him, taehyung grunted in annoyance.

a sheepish grin crept up joy's face as she felt her hand being gripped by a larger hand. giggling softly, she took her eyes off taehyung's face and gazed down at her hand, being held by taehyung's own. out of euphoria, joy intertwined their fingers together and looked up to see taehyung's face again.

"you said if i hold your hand, you'll quit staring at me." taehyung said. "but why are you looking at me again? we made a deal."

joy bit her lower lip and diverted her eyes away from him and looked straight ahead. then, she squeezed his hand and smiled gently at the thought of his hands entwined  with hers.

"it's warm..." she said.

-

a/n: did y'all wait long?