三十二

treinta y dos

+

taehyung and irene stood there, facing each other as they looked into each other's eyes.

"are you happy?" taehyung began in a soft voice. "with him, i mean."

irene slwoly nodded, "i am. i'm very happy with him."

taehyung grimaced, "were you not happy with me?" he asked, his voice cracking.

guilt rushed up to irene at the sight of taehyung's face. she didn't mean to hurt him. she admits, she was too inconsiderate back then, she didn't contemplate the consequences of dating taehyung.

"i'm so sorry, taehyung." irene's eyes swelled with tears. "i..i'm sorry. i was selfish. i've always thought jin didn't feel the same towards me and the pain was awful, i wanted it gone. and you were the only one there. so i thought dating you would help-" she paused and looked away in shame. "i accepted your confession. i tried loving you, i tried. but i couldn't. my heart still belonged to jin. my eyes still search for him. i couldn't unlove him. i can't, no matter how hard i tried."

irene whimpered as she wiped away the tears staining her eyes. "i'm sorry. i'm really sorry." she sincerely apologized repeatedly. "i used you. i used you for my own selfish desires. and the guilt will forever haunt me seeing you like this. i'm so sorry. it's okay if you're angry - infuriated at me.  it's okay if you hate me. i used you - i deserve it. don't ever forgive me. don't."

taehyung frowned at the sight of her crying. he felt depressed seeing her in such a state. he just wanted to embrace her and tell her it's okay, that he wasn't mad at her at all nor does he hate her.

but no words came out. his body remained frozen still as he watched her weep in sorrow and guilt.

suddenly, after a few moments, irene stopped crying and bowed down at taehyung. then, glancing up at him, she weakly smiled. "i'm sorry, taehyung." she apologized once again. "i like you, but i could never love you. you deserve so much more than this. you deserve someone better, and that's not me."

then, irene backed away one step. "please forget about me." she said. "i hope you have a good life. goodbye, taehyung."

she was about to turn away when taehyung unconsciously grabbed her wrist, pulling her back towards him. taehyung wrapped his arms around her, embracing her tenderly. 

"i love you, irene." he whispered. "i love you so much. but if you love someone else, then so be it. i only wish for your happiness and if he makes you happy, then that's enough for me. be happy...bae joohyun. "

touched, irene broke into a cry. taehyung was a kind man. so kind that irene could never imagine a selfish woman like her could ever deserve him. he deserves to be with someone else who can actually make him happy. someone better.

in silence, they stood there, embracing each other as if it was the last.

-

a/n: le cries. the pain is real

BTW, have you guys voted for MAMA? I know MAMA is bs but pls vote for red velvet and bts!

here's the link: m.mwave.me/en/mama/vote