四十六

cuarenta y seis
+

with the sun setting in the horizon, joy sighs as she sauntered over the pavement, on her way home. she had spent the day wondering around the streets of seoul, going wherever her feet took her. by the time she realized that it was time to return home, the sky had began to turn dark.

spotting her house in the distance, joy heaves another sigh as she continues to make her way towards her home. once she reached the front door, she fiddles for the key in her pocket and inserts it into the keyhole, twisting it until a 'click' was heard.

joy stepped into the house and locked the door behind her. she proceeded to take her shoes off, then she heads inside the house and almost jumped up when a tall figure blocked her way.

"yah!" joy screamed. "you scared me!"

"you dared run away from me this morning, park sooyoung?!" jimin said with the most serious and stern voice, making joy gulp in fear. "as punishment, i won't give you allowance anymore for the whole month, do you understand?!"

"who cares?!" joy argued. "i can just ask dad and he'll surely give me some! just because you have work and i don't, you act like you're the only one who provides me money. i can get a part-time job too, you know?!"

jimin gritted his teeth, utterly offended and pissed off. "this brat...! did you just talk back to me?! you have never talked back to me since you were thirteen years old! are you on your period?!"

"so what if i am?!" joy screamed at him in anger. "do you have a problem with that, shorty?!"

"i am not short!" jimin defended himself. "i am five point six centimeters taller than you are!"

"yeah, sure. but still, you're considered shorter than other boys your age!"

jimin clenched his fists. "what is wrong with you, seriously. if you weren't a girl nor my sister even, i could have hit you right now and beat the hell out of you!"

joy glared at him. "try me, shorty. let's see
you be put in jail by your own parents!"

jimin scoffed. "i swear, park sooyoung. you're really being such a brat."

she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms against her chest, maintaining her piercing glare at jimin which seemed to burn through his soul. scoffing at the look on her face, jimin avoided her gaze and pointed to his left. following the direction where his finger pointed, joy's eyes widened at the sight of taehyung gawking at the two of them in surprise.

"by the way, taehyung wanted to talk with you." jimin said sarcastically in the most arrogant way possible. "then, i shall take my leave."

giving joy one last glare, jimin haughtily spun around and stormed up the stairs, heading to the second floor where his room was located. hearing the slam of his door, joy flinched and kept her head low, not wanting to look at taehyung.

taehyung grimaces, seeing how joy didn't even want to look at his face. smiling bitterly, taehyung took a step forward. "hey." he muttered. "about...this morning. c-can i talk...with you?"

joy kept her eyes fixed on the floor and wished the floor to just swallow her up. she wanted say 'no'. she wanted to refuse because she didn't feel like talking after what happened this morning. but not a word of objection came out of her mouth. instead, the opposite came out.

"okay..." unconsciously, she whispered.