Chapter 14: The Bright Idea

*Barbara's P.O.V.*

I sat down in the chair next to a woman. She turned and looked at me. "Hey I'm Barbara." I said while shaking her hand. "And I'm Jeremey's wife; Pattie." she said with a smile. Once we stopped shaking hands I asked, "Do you know why we have to hold auditions for the male lead?" "Well apparently the old male lead quit this morning. And Jeremy wanted your help finding a new lead actor." Pattie explained.

I didn't understand why Jeremy needed my help to cast the new male lead. Pattie nudged Jeremy, and he dropped his phone on the table. "Pattie can't you see I'm busy." he said. He looked past Pattie and looked at me. "Oh Barbara sorry. I didn't see you there." he said. 'Obviously.' I thought.

"Why am I here?" I asked. "I need your help casting the male lead." Jeremy said. 'I know that but why?' I thought. "Why?" I asked. "Well you and the new actor need to connect. I'm not sure what types of guys you are into, so I figured you would be able to help cast the lead." Jeremy explained. 'The type of guy I am into is your son.' I thought.

Jeremy past Pattie and I resumes and notepads while saying, "Take these. We're going to start casting now." Picking up a pen, I saw the door fly open. Looking at the huge stack of resumes in front of me, my eyes widened. 'Exactly how long is this going to take?' I thought.

 Finally the last guy came in. 'Finally.' I thought. Jeremy gave him a few lines to read from the script. Tuning him out, I looked at his resume. He was cute, but I couldn't imagine myself kissing him. He finished saying the last night. "Well we will call you and let you know." Jeremy said. He smiled then left the room, and the door slammed behind him.

Jeremy's and Pattie's eyes immediately went over to me. Looking down at my notebook, I tapped my pen against the edge of the pages impatiently. "So did you see anyone that you liked?" Jeremy asked with hope. I stopped tapping my pen against the notebook. Dropping the pen, I then looked over at Pattie and Jeremy.

"Honestly, I hated them all." I admitted. Jeremy rolled his eyes then looked away. 'Well at least I'm being honest.' I thought. "What am I going to do now?" Jeremy asked. "Well you could find a new female lead." Pattie suggested. With a glare I thought, 'There is no way I am leaving this movie.'

"No. She's perfect for the role. I just can't believe she didn't like anyone." he said. Jeremy was talking about me like I wasn't even in the room. Ignoring him, my eyes widened. Smiling, I had a bright idea. Looking over at Jeremy, I saw he was looking through the resumes then looked back at me.

"What?" he asked. "I know who we can hire." I said with a smile. Pattie looked down at the resumes. Jeremy began digging through the resumes. "Well who? Which one?" he asked excitedly. "They didn't audition." I admitted. Jeremy and Pattie dropped the resumes and looked at me confused. "Then who is it?" Jeremy asked.

"Justin." I admitted. Pattie looked at me with wide eyes. She knew exactly who I was talking about. Jeremy began digging through the resumes. "I don't remember a Justin." he said. Rolling my eyes I thought, 'Did you just not just hear me say he didn't audition?'

"Uhm honey. I think she means our Justin." Pattie said. Jeremy dropped the resumes then looked at me. "You want my son as the lead?" he asked. "Yeah I just said that." I said.

"But he has zero acting experience." Jeremy pointed out. "Plus I'm not sure if I want my son in a movie." Pattie admitted. "Justin or I'm out." I said in a bratty tone. I knew I shouldn't be acting like a brat, being my first movie as the lead and all. But I couldn't stop thinking about Justin. Pattie looked at Jeremy and shook her head.

'Great. I'm gonna get fired.' I thought. They began whispering angrily towards each other. They stopped whispering then they both looked at me. Jeremy's eyes were fully focused on me. Knowing it was stupid to demand for Justin as the lead, I figured I was about to get fired. But I knew for sure I would be able to connect with Justin.

"Okay we will hire Justin. But I'm warning you, he has zero acting experience." Jeremy said. Smiling, I was just happy that he had agreed to it. Justin was the new male lead. Quickly getting up from my seat, I hoped Justin would be there. 

"I just hope Selena just doesn't over react." Jeremy said. 'Why would Selena over react?' I thought while placing my hand on the doorknob.

"Yeah that's what I was worried about too. I was worried that their relationship would get on the rocks." Pattie admitted. After opening the door, I slammed it behind me. Pressing my back against the door, I felt like crying. 'Selena was Justin's girlfriend?!? But....But....Ugh! I want him!' I thought as the door opened.

Quickly, I scooted out of the way. Pattie closed the door behind her. "Guessing you know where Justin is." Jeremy said. Nodding, I lead him out of the building through the back door. I saw the man who brought us here sitting on the golf cart. 'Where was Justin and his "girlfriend"?' I thought.

Looking around, I sadly said, "He's not here." "So where is he?" Jeremy asked, Shrugging, I saw Jeremy walk off to the guy sitting on the back of the golf cart. "Where is Justin at?" he asked. "Well him and the girl went to the exit." the man said. 'The exit?!? Why were they going there? I thought Justin wanted to hang out with me.' I thought.

 Jeremy took the walkie-talkie from the man and said, "I need all security to block off the exits. Find my son; Justin; and bring him to the casting building." He handed the walkie-talkie back to the man then walked back over to Pattie.

"Seriously? What is wrong with that kid? He should've stayed here." Jeremy muttered. Pattie rubbed Jeremy's back. "Don't worry they'll find him." she said while taking her hand off his back. 'They better.' I thought.

Justin's P.O.V.

Seeing the exit, I said, "Finally." Selena and I giggled as we walked up to the exit. Once we reached the gate, I demanded, "Open the gate." The man hit a button and the gate began to rise. Looking over at Selena I saw the look in her eyes. She was beyond happy. The excitement and how happy she was shined through her eyes. The man's walkie-talkie went off. It was hard to make-out what the words were.

"Patienter? Nom?" he asked. The gate stopped rising. 'What was his problem?' I thought. "Justin and Selena." I answered. He hit the button and the gate started going back down. "What is your problem?!?" I yelled. Selena gripped my hand tighter.

Looking over at her she whispered, "Babe calm down." 'How was I supposed to calm down? I was trying to help my girlfriend's biggest dream come true.' I thought. The man remained silent. "Open the gate!" I yelled. Letting go of Selena's hand I walked over to the toll booth he was in.

Knocking on the glass, I yelled, "You have to open this gate! We are going to the Eiffel Tower!" He shook his head. "Open the gate now!" I repeated. Banging on the glass, Selena rushed over to my side. "Babe! Babe! It's fine!" Selena said with concern.

Once I stopped banging on the glass, I looked over at Selena. 'All I'm trying to do it make your dream come true.' I thought. She held my hand while saying, "Babe there's other exits. Let's go find one." Selena and I began to walk off. I looked back at the man and glared at him and thought, 'What a jerk.'

A golf cart zoomed around the corner and came towards Selena and I. Selena and I froze. The golf cart stopped right in front of us. "You Justin?" the man asked. Nodding, he demanded that I get on the golf cart.

"I got him." he said into the walkie-talkie. Selena and I squished ourselves onto the seat of the golf cart. She let go of my hand. "What is this even about?" I asked. The golf cart made a loud beeping noise while we back up.

"Oh Justin congrats. You're the new male lead in your dad's movie." he said. We both looked at him with a confused look. Then Selena and I asked simultaneously, "What?!?"