Chapter 35: Arguing

Justin's P.O.V.

My heart was racing. Why did I just say that? I knew that I was supposed to tell Selena what happened between Barbara and I, but I figured she found out. Wait, what was I thinking?!? There was no way she could find out; until I opened my mouth. I couldn't believe Selena thought I didn't show up because my parents were fighting; I had gotten used to that since I was 10.

Looking back at Selena, she had a slight glare on her face. Swallowing, I grew nervous. "What about you Barbara?" she asked. 

Taking a deep breathe, I thought, 'Me and my big mouth.' Looking Selena in the eye, there was no way she was letting me leave this room until she found out what had happened. 

"Justin please." Selena begged. The tone of her voice showed that she wanted to know. Selena didn't take her eyes off of me. She bit her bottom lip then took a deep breathe. She took my hand then held it tightly.

"Justin what happened?" Selena asked. Sighing, I thought,'I love you and this is why I am telling you this.' Then why does it feel like I'm going to ruin everything? That's probably because I am going to. Looking over at Selena, I saw how scared she was. She then stopped biting down on her bottom lip.

I wanted Selena to promise that she wouldn't get mad. But I knew if I was in her shoes that I would be mad. So I couldn't make her promise that.

"Selena the reason I didn't show up for our date because I was on a date with Barbara." I admitted. She had a confused look in her eyes. She then immediately let go my hand.

"What?!?" she yelled. Her eyes began glistening.

"Selena I'm sorry. I knew I shouldn't have and I don't know why I did. But I did and-" Selena cut me off.

"You went out with her?" Selena asked while crying.

Moving closer, I apologized,"I'm so sorry babe." Selena got up from the couch.

"Don't call me that! Shouldn't you be calling Barbara that?!?" Selena cried. Tears fell down her face. I got up off the couch.

"I wouldn't call her that!" I yelled. More tears fell from Selena's eyes. Moving closer, Selena backed up. Selena wanted nothing to do with me now.

"Well obviously you should! Since you chose to go out with her over me!" Selena yelled while crying. Looking up at the ceiling, I thought,'I'm such an idiot. I'm going to lose the love of my life.' Looking back at Selena, I grabbed her hand and she shook her hand out of mine.

"Selena, please." I begged. Selena turned around and began pacing. She turned back around and faced me.

"How could you? How could you?" Selena cried. Seeing the tears in her eyes, I was so disappointed in myself. Looking down at the floor, I completely agreed with Selena. 'How could I? How could I?' I thought with disappointment.

Selena's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe Justin! How could he go out with Barbara? But it was worse than I thought! He chose to go out with Barbara over me! I couldn't believe him. I thought Justin loved me. Looking down at my J-ring, I thought what we had was supposed to last forever. Looking at Justin with disappointment, he was looking at the ground.

His facial expression showed that he was sorry, I looked away fro him. I knew Justin was sorry but it didn't change the fact that he had cheated on me. Wait. He cheated on me. Justin cheated on me? More tears fell from my face. Justin had cheated on me! I couldn't believe this; this wasn't the Justin I knew and loved.

Looking back at Justin, I screamed,"You cheated on me! You cheated on me!" Tears ran down my cheek. I never thought that Justin would cheat on me. Justin looked back at me.