Chapter 47: Selena

Justin's P.O.V.

I took Selena's head off my lap and laid it gently on the road. She was totally out. I stood up and walked over to Alfredo.

"Seriously dude?!? What's your problem?!?" I screamed. Alfredo had a shocked facial expression on his face. It's like he hadn't even processed what he had done.

"I-I'm sorr-sorry." he stuttered. 'Sorry? Sorry?!? That's all he could say?! He just ran into his girlfriend! Really all he could say was sorry?!?' I thought. Cussing him out, Alfredo didn't even respond. His friend ran over to me. Raising a fist, I got ready to punch him. His friend pushed me back.

"Look kid." he began. 'Kid? Sure he was older than me. But did he really need to call me kid?' I thought.

"What?" I asked with anger. His face and the tone of his voice was so calm. How could he be calm at a time like this?

 "Just calm down. Call the police so we can get an ambulance for her." he said. I nodded.

"So who are you anyways?" I asked.

"Scooter." he replied while sticking his hand out. I shook his hand. 'Scooter? And he was calling me kid?' I thought. We let go of each other's hands. Scooter and Alfredo rushed over to Selena. I pulled out my phone.

" I can't believe I did this to Selena." Alfredo mumbled.

"Yeah I can't either." I said under my breathe. Patiently, I waited for someone to answer my call. Looking around, I searched for a street name.

After I hung up with the police I rushed over to Selena. Her head was bleeding so much. 'Awwwh babe. I'm so sorry.' I thought. I felt like blaming Barbara and Alfredo for this. But either way it all lead back to me. So might as well man up and take the blame. But it didn't change the fact how mad I was at Alfredo.

"Selena. Selena." I mumbled. Selena head was laying against the road and there was some blood coming out of her head. This felt like a nightmare. I still couldn't believe Selena was the one lying on the road. We all heard the whine of the ambulance. The ambulance turned onto the street and stopped in front of us.

The high beams of the ambulance shined on us. Looking at Selena, I then closed my eyes. With the high beams shining on her, it made the scene more graphic. Opening my eyes, they watered. Looking at the ambulance, three workers rushed out and went over to Selena.

Alfredo, Scooter, and I backed up. The ambulance workers carefully lifted Selena up onto a gurney. I cried. Why did this have to happen? Especially to Selena. They took Selena to the back of the ambulance and lifted her in. Following behind them, I stopped at the back of the ambulance.

"Wait....Relation to the patient?" one of the workers asked.

"Boyfriend." I replied. They let me climb aboard.

"Scooter and I will follow behind you guys." Alfredo said. I nodded. To be honest, I didn't want him to come. But he cared about Selena. So might as well just let him come. The ambulance worker shut the doors. 2 of the workers began helping Selena. The siren wailed as we zoomed across town.

Looking out the little windows of the ambulance doors, I couldn't stand seeing Selena like this. I felt so guilty. Alfredo and Scooter were in the car trailing behind the ambulance. My phone went off. I pulled it out of my pocket and opened the text.

Mom: Justin where are you? We need to go.

Need to go? I thought I was supposed to be at the promotion party right now.

Me: I'm already gone

Mom: Great! I'll meet you at the house

Me: But mom I'm not going to the house. I'm going to the hospital.

Mom: What?!? Why?!? I'm going!!!! What happened?!? More importantly are you okay?!? Please tell me you're okay

Rolling my eyes, I knew my mom would have a reaction like this. But I wished I was the one who got hit by the car. I deserved it. Selena didn't. Looking back at Selena, I wiped the tears off my face then looked back down at my phone.

Me: Mom I'm fine

Mom: Well what happened?

I didn't want to go into full detail. To be honest, I was still in shock about everything that had just happened.

Me: Well....

I could imagine my mom's face. She would have that annoyed facial expression, that was begging me to tell her what was going on.

Me: Selena and I got into fight. (Don't ask) She ran out of the tent, so I went after her. Next thing I knew she's in the middle of the street and a car rams into her.

Mom: Oh Justin, I'm so sorry

I sighed. She had no right to feel sorry for me. I'm the reason we're in this mess. If anything she should be sorry for Selena.

Me: It's all my fault.

Mom: Justin, how could you say that?

Me: Because it is

Mom: Just text me the address of the hospital when you get there so I can get over there.

Me: Okay. Is dad mad at me?

Mom: Let's not worry about him right now. Right now we need to worry about Selena

Me: Okay see you soon