Chapter 39: Switch

***Pattie's P.O.V.***

Closing the bedroom door behind me, I angrily went down the stairs. After 4 hours of screaming at each other, I thought Jeremy would side with me. But no, all he wanted was for me to stay out of it and wait for the hairdressers and makeup people to come. Walking onto the first floor, I heard a quick knock at the dor. I walked over to the door and opened it. 

At the door was the same guy who had dropped of Barbara's dress. Taking the dry-cleaners bag from him I said a quick 'thanks.' He nodded the slowly walked off, I closed the front door. Flipping the dry-cleaner bag around, I read the name tag: Selena.

'Well at least Jeremy got a dress for Selena.' I thought. Walking over to the couch, I set the dry-cleaner bag on the back of the couch. I set the dry-cleaner bag next to the dress that Barbara's dress was in. Unzipping the bag, I looked at the dress. The dress was nice but simple. It wasn't fancy like the other one. Zipping the dress back up, the doorbell rang.

"Pattie that should be the hair dressers! Get the door!" Jeremy yelled. Rolling my eyes, I thought, 'Then come down here and get the door yourself.' Unwillingly, I began to walk over to the door. They began ringing the doorbell repeatedly. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" I yelled. They continued to ring the doorbell. Did they not understand the definition of coming? They continued to ring the doorbell. Opening the door, I saw a young girl.

She was blonde with a few brunette highlights. Her hair was styled in a trendy bob. She had a huge smile on her face and her brown eyes stared at me with friendliness.

"Oh come in, come in." I said. She nodded. She had a clipboard in her hand and a suitcase rolling behind her.

"Everyone else should be here in about 5 minutes." she said. "Everyone else?" I asked in a confused tone. Alice turned around and looked at me.

"Yeah the rest of my team, to help me with the hair and makeup." she said. Nodding, I didn't understand why she needed a team of people to help with hair and makeup; but okay.

"So where can I set up?" she asked eagerly. Blinking quickly, I wasn't sure where Jeremy wanted Alice and her team to set up. "Uhm how about the kitchen?" I suggested. She nodded.

"Okay that sounds great." she said with a smile. She then turned back around and headed into the kitchen with her suitcase trailing behind her. Pulling out my phone, I had an important call to make. 

"Oh sorry. I'm Alice. I'm here to do makeup on Justin, Barbara, and Selena." Alice said while sticking her hand out. Shaking her hand, we then quickly stopped. After I made the call, I held my phone up to my ear.

"Uhm hello? Oh hi Barbara....Yes Jeremy asked me to call you....He wanted me to tell you that he wanted you at our house at 5 p.m. instead," I said. The doorbell rang. Turning around, I walked over to the door and opened it. Alice's team marched in through the doorway. Barbara began talking. 'How had I forgotten I was on the phone?' I thought.

"Oh sorry what did you say?.....Yes I realize that is an hour before we leave....Yes I'm sure....Jeremy told me to tell you....Great! See you at 5!" I said quickly then hung up my phone, then closed the front door. Alice came out of the kitchen. She looked over at me, and looked a little frantic.

"Please bring the dry-cleaning bags that have their outfits in them." Alice demanded. I nodded. She shot a quick smile then rushed back into the kitchen. Going over to the bags, I examined the tags. Smirking, I looked over at Alice's team; hoping none of them were watching. 

Looking back at the dry-cleaning bags, I had a plan. Pulling out the tags of Barbara's and Selena's dry-cleaning bags, I thought, 'Should I?' Nodding, I then switched Selena's and Barbara's tags. Feeling a little guilty, I knew I made the right decision. 

Feeling a tap on my shoulder, my eyed widened. Quickly turning around, I was a little relieved but scared that he might have saw what I had done.

Justin's P.O.V.

Looking at my mom, I asked, "Mom what are you doing?" My mom's eyes widened a little. "Nothing! Just uhm...getting these for Alice." she said quickly.

"Alice?" I asked in a confused tone. "Uh yeah! You're hair dresser and stuff! Take these to her!"my mom demanded quickly making me roll my eyes. "I didn't know who Alice was and there was no way I was going to give her those outfits." I said.

"Well uhm you should do it, 'cause she asked you." I said.

"Justin just do what I told you. I mean you obviously came down here at the right time." my mom said. Looking at her annoyed, I rolled my eyes.

"No I just came down here to see who was at the door." I said. My mom looked annoyed.

"It was Alice. Now go take these to her,"my mom demanded. Tilting my head up, I looked at the ceiling with annoyance and sighed. Looking back at my mom, I made an annoyed face.

"Fine." I groaned. My mom turned around an picked up the three dry-cleaning bags up. She turned back around and handed them to me. Unwillingly taking them from her, I made a face that read: really? 

My mom pointed to the kitchen. I grunted then unwillingly began walking over to the kitchen. 'I thought you were going to talk to dad about this.' I thought. Slowly, I walked into the kitchen. I heard footsteps go up the spiral staircase.