Chapter 20: Off Set

Selena's P.O.V.

Turning around, I pounded on the door. Why did Jeremy have to kick me off set? It's not like I was being a distraction. Well at least I thought I wasn't a distraction. Pounding on the door harder, I yelled, "Justin open the door!" Pounding on the door more, there was no answer. Hitting the door for a couple more minutes, I realized no one was going to answer.

After I stopped hitting the door, I turned around and looked at the lot. Everyone was doing their own thing and looked super busy. Sitting down on a a crate near the door, I put my hand in a halfway fist then rested my chin in it. Continuing to watch people pass by, I thought, 'Why did I have to get kicked off set?' Crossing my legs, I became beyond bored. 

There was nothing to to do. With Justin on set and Taylor being mad at me, there was no one to text. 'Well I could call my mom.' I thought. Shaking my head, I wasn't that bored. Then again maybe I was. Besides, I had promised Justin I would I would talk to her. Unwillingly, I took my phone out of my pocked and called my mom.

Hitting the numbers slowly and nervously, I then brought my phone up to my ear. I didn't know if my mom was going to mad or....there was no possibility that she wasn't going to be mad. 

Nervously, I waited for my mom to answer. The phone began ringing. Every time it rang, I tensed up from nervousness. Hearing a noise in the background, I noticed it was Gracie crying. Holding back from saying: hello, I waited for her to say something. 

"H-Hello?" my mom asked Clearing my throat, I smiled. "H-hey mom." I stuttered. My mom's voice was filled with excitement. "Yes mom I'm fine.......Yeah it's nice here." I said. She didn't sound mad at all. "Justin's great." I replied. 'So is Barbara.' I thought.

"Well I didn't want to be home schooled. But I think it's worth it." I replied. My mom began to give me reasons why I shouldn't be home schooled. But nothing was going to change my mind about it. "Yes I know you're mad at me for running to Paris." I replied. My mom began talking about Pattie.

It was a good thing that Pattie was a very convincing person. Gracie cried louder. "Mom go get Gracie." I said. "It's like you're still here." my mom said. 'But I'm not.' I thought. "Okay bye mom. Love you too.....Yes I promise to call more often......Love you,bye." I said. Ending the call, I then put my phone back in my pocket.

Taking my hand out from under my chin, I put it on my thigh. Sighing, I was still bored. Getting up from the crate, I saw an exit right ahead. Looking behind me, I stared at the door. It's not like it was going to open anytime soon. Looking back forward, I thought, 'This is a bad idea.'

Walking over to the exit, I became nervous. Should I? Ignoring my thoughts, I went out the exit. There were a few stores around here. 'It's not like I'm going to get lost.' I thought. Venturing off, I crossed the road and made it over to the other side of the road and began to go to one of the stores.

Walking over to the store right across the way, I thought about the set. 'Well as long as I don't get lost.' I thought. Walking into the store, I heard wind chimes ring as I opened the door. In the store there were antiques and jewelry. The door closed and I looked up. The store had something going on everywhere. Not knowing where I should look first, my eyes tried to focus on everything.

Something glistened in the back of the store. Walking cautiously to the back of the store, I saw a lady behind a counter. She had white hair and was moving slowly. Looking away from her, I headed to the back wall. The back wall was filled with necklaces all over it. Every necklace was so unique and looked like nothing I had ever seen before.

Beginning to look at each necklace, I began to walk down the aisle. Looking up, a necklace immediately caught my eyes. Standing on my tip toes, I took the necklace off the nail; hammered into the wall. Putting the heels of my feet back onto the ground,I lifted the necklace up so the center of it would be at y eye level.