Chapter 26: Painting

Selena's P.O.V.

"Justin!" Pattie called. No response. The scent of the paint was so strong. Jeremy and Pattie began searching through the living room. I heard a door close from upstairs. My eyes widened. 'Please be Justin.' I thought. Looking over at Pattie and Jeremy, they were continuing to look around the living room. They must have not heard the door.

Hearing footsteps coming down the staircase, I thought,'Please be Justin.' Once they reached the bottom of the stairs, I sighed with relief. Smiling at Justin, I looked at his right forearm. He smiled at me. Jeremy and Pattie stopped searching the living room then saw Justin. Their eyes lit up with excitement, they Pattie ran up to Justin and gave him a huge hug.

As they let go of each other Pattie said, "Justin, I was so worried about you." Staring at his forearm, it was obvious that he had been painting. Pattie grabbed his hand and pointed at it. "Where you painting?" Pattie asked. Justin looked over at me with a smile. His smile was so adorable. "Yeah." Justin admitted. Pattie looked over at me while letting go of Justin's hand.

Justin came over to me and grabbed my hand. Looking at his paint hand, it was black. 'How did he get his whole forearm and hand painted?' I thought. Looking into his eyes, he said sweetly, "Come with me."

The tone of his voice, his smile, and the look in his eyes. There was no way I could say no to him. Nodding, I smiled. Justin turned around and didn't let go of my hand. The way he was holding my hand right now was perfect.

As we went up the staircase, I giggled. He went up the stairs eagerly and held my hand tighter. "Where are we going?" I asked while giggling. Justin laughed then replied, "You'll see."

We reached the third floor. Justin lead me over to my bedroom door. The scent of the fresh paint became stronger. 'Wait did Justin paint something in my room?' I thought. Justin let go of my hand then opened the door. He stopped then turned around and face me.

"Close your eyes." he demanded sweetly. Rolling my eyes, I then closed them. He opened the door, then I felt Justin go behind me. He put his hands over my eyes. My nose crinkled from the smell of his hand. Justin laughed making me smile.

"Why are you covering my eyes?" I laughed. "Just to make sure you aren't peeking. Now go forward." he demanded. Smiling, I listened to Justin's directions.

Justin's P.O.V.

Selena began walking into her bedroom slowly. Keeping my hands cupped around Selena's eyes, I felt her eys trying to peek through the creases between my fingers. Selena put her hands out in front of her and continued walking slowly. Laughing, I asked, "What you don't trust me?"

Selena laughed then put her hands down and replied,"No I do." Bringing Selena over to the edge of the tarp, I stopped her. Selena put her hands on mine then giggled. I couldn't wait to see her reaction.

"Okay you can look now." I said happily. Selena removed my hands from her eyes. She let go of my hands and I moved over to her right. Looking at her profile, her jaw dropped. She brought both of her hands up to her face and covered her mouth and nose. Seeing the look in her eyes, I knew that she was happy. Selena turned and looked at me.

She took her hands away from her face and asked,"Justin you did this for me?" Smiling, I replied,"Of course." Selena then ran up into my arms. Wrapping her arms around me she held me tightly. Letting go of her, she then leaned up on the side of me; then I wrapped my arm around her waist.

Looking at Selena, I said, "I felt bad for not taking you to the Eiffel Tower, so I wanted to bring it to you. Selena wiggled away from my arm and took her head off my shoulder. We turned and faced each other.