Chapter 37: Fancy

Justin's P.O.V.

Sitting up in my bed, I took my phone off my night stand. Clicking the home key, it read: 8:33. '8:30? Shouldn't I be on set by now?' I thought. Setting my phone down, I then put some pants and a shirt on then left my room. The house was quiet, it seemed like everyone was sleeping. Going down the staircase, I looked around the first floor. No one was in sight.

Walking into the kitchen, I asked,"Hello?" No response. 'Where is everyone?' I thought. Remaining quiet, I listened for footsteps. Nothing. The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" I yelled without expecting a response. Going over to the door, the doorbell rang again. 

"I'm coming. I'm coming." I said in an annoyed tone. Opening the door, I saw a man. He was holding a bag that they kept clothes in from the dry cleaners. Looking at him confused, I had no idea who this guy was or what he had. 

"Uh yeah?" I asked. He just stared at me with a blank face. He held the bag out, and I took it from him.

"Uhm thanks." I said. he walked off slowly. I closed the door and saw my dad coming down the stairs. 'Finally someone.' I thought.

"Oh good! It came!" my dad exclaimed. He walked over to me and I handed him the bag. He went over to the couch and set it down on the back of it. Following over to the couch, he began unzipping the bag.

"Uh dad shouldn't we be on set right now?" I asked. My dad chuckled. I didn't understand why he was laughing or what was so funny.He stopped chuckling.

"I called work off today. We have a promotional party at the Eiffel Tower tonight." my dad explained. 'The Eiffel Tower! Tonight? Finally Selena and I would be able to go. But of course, the movie had to be tied into it.' I thought.

"Wait so I have the day off right?" I asked excitedly. My dad looked at me with a facial expression that read: kind of. 'What do you mean kind of?' I thought. My dad unzipped the bag.

"Well you're kind of off. There's going to be hairdressers and people who do makeup all over the house today. You have to look perfect for the promotion party tonight." my dad said. Rolling my eyes, I shook my head. So really I didn't have the day off. The only good thing out of this was that Selena and I were finally going to the Eiffel Tower. Looking down at the bag, I shook my head.

"I'm not wearing that." I said. My dad zipped the bag back up.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"What else is it supposed to mean? I'm not wearing that." I said rudely. My dad looked at me confused.

"Well you really don't have a choice." my dad said. Rolling my eyes, he walked over to the stairs and went up them.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Barbara is your date for the party!" my dad called from the stairs. He could make me wear that thing in the bag, but there was no way he was going to make me go with Barbara; as my date to the promotion party tonight. My mom came down the stairs, and I looked at her annoyed.

"Don't take it out on me, just because you're mad at your father." she said. Sighing, I knew she was right. She walked over to me.

"What's wrong sweetie....Well besides your dad." she said.

"But that's what I am upset about! What he's making me do!" I yelled. My mom quickly hugged me.

"Justin don't let your dad bring out the worst in you. Now what is he having you do?" she asked while letting go of me.

"Mom he's making me go out with Barbara tonight. He's making her be my date to the promotional party tonight. And it's at the Eiffel Tower and I just want to go to the Eiffel Tower with Selena. Plus he's making me wear that." I said angrily. My mom looked at the bad draped over the couch then unzipped it.

"Ooooh fancy." she said while laughing. Rolling my eyes, I didn't want to wear it. She zipped the bag back up. She looked back at me.

"Mom it's not funny! It's Selena's dream to go to the Eiffel Tower! I don't want to ruin her experience because of this movie." I admitted. My mom looked me straight in the eye.

"Look Justin. I'll talk to your dad. I'll try to convince him that you need to go with Selena." my mom said. My eyes lit up.

"But no guarantees on what his decision will be. But I promise that I'll talk to him." my mom said. Nodding, I smiled.

"I'm gonna go talk to Selena." I said. My mom nodded. Going over to the the staircase, the doorbell rang. Turning around, my mom and I just stared at each other; waiting for one of us to walk over to the door. Finally, I gave in and walked over to the door and opened it.

It was the same guy that had dropped off what I was supposed to wear tonight. He still had that blank expression. He handed me the dry-cleaner bag.

"Thanks." I said. He turned around and walked off slowly. Shutting the door, I looked at the tag. It said it was for Barbara. Rolling my eyes, I guessed that we were wearing matching outfits. Going over to my mom, I set the the dry-cleaner bag on the back of the couch. 

Looking at her, I said,"Please talk to him." My mom nodded.

"Wait I want to see what Barbara is wearing." my mom said. Groaning, I thought, 'Why does she even care?' My mom began unzipping the dry-cleaner bag, and I looked away. I didn't want to see it.

"Ooooooh Justin! You have to see this." My mom said. Shaking my head, I didn't want to see what she was wearing.

"Oh come on Justin." my mom begged. Shaking my head again, I didn't want to see it.

"Justin just look it's fancy." my mom said. Rolling my eyes, I thought, 'Is that how she always described things; fancy?' Quickly, I glanced over and looked at the bottom of the dry-cleaner bag. I looked at the dress then at the floor. My mom zipped up the dry-cleaner bag, then walked over to me and placed her hands on my shoulders.

"I'll go talk to him." she said while taking her hands off my shoulder. My mom walked over to the stairs then went up them. Looking back at the dry-cleaner bags, I guess my mom was right; they did look fancy.