Chapter 24: Locked In

Selena's P.O.V.

Pressing my forehead against the door, I slowly pounded on the door "Barbara let me out." I groaned. Barbara was gone, and she wasn't coming back. But I needed help out of here. Taking my head off the door, I tried opening the door. The door still refused to open. How was this chair even capable of keeping this door closed?

That's weird? Normally it goes the other way around. Put the chair on the inside of the door, and you can't open it from the outside. It seemed like it wasn't supposed to work the other way around. Then again what did I know? This probably some weird high-tech door, for all I knew. Ugh!, I just needed out of here!

My eyes widened. My phone. Why hadn't I thought of this before? Quickly, I pulled my phone out of my pocket. Beginning to dial Pattie's number, I looked at the top left corner of my phone. Then I saw there were no bars. How could there be no bars in Justin's dressing room? There bars on the set. Groaning, I now knew Barbara had set this up. Putting my phone back in my pocket, I didn't know what to do.

Going back over to the door,I pounded on the door harder. "Help!" I yelled. Pounding on the door harder, I figured someone would have found me by now. Then I heard footsteps. My eyes lit up. "Help! Help! Please!" I begged. The footsteps came down the hall, and headed towards the room I was in.

Jumping with excitement, I couldn't believe someone had finally came down to the dressing rooms. Hearing them move the chair, I backed up from the door. The door knob moved then the door swung open. In the doorway was Pattie. Running up to her, I hugged her. "Thank you so much." I said while letting go of her. "Why were you locked in Justin's dressing room?" Pattie asked.

"Barbara locked me in here, so she could go find Justin for herself." I admitted. "But Barbara's not looking for Justin. She's in her dressing room." Pattie said. 'What?!? So she locked me in this dressing room for nothing?!? Ugh! I can't believe her!' I thought. Pushing past Pattie, I walked out into the hallway and she followed behind me.

"Selena where are you going?" she asked. "Barbara's dressing room." I replied. Walking over to Barbara's dressing room, I was so angry. Opening the door, I went in. In Barbara's dressing room, I saw she was laying her head on her vanity. She seemed to be crying. Looking at her confused, I asked, "Uhm Barbara?"

Barbara quickly brought up her head. She wiped the mascara off that was running down her cheeks. She sniffled then put a fake smile on her face. She turned her chair so she was facing us. "Uhm yeah?" she asked in the middle of a sniffle. 

"Are you okay?" Pattie asked. We moved more into her dressing room, and closed the door behind us. "Of course I am." Barbara lied. Looking at Barbara with a face that said: You-can't-be-serious, I hoped she would tell the truth.

Barbara rolled her eyes. "Fine! I'm jealous! I'm jealous of you and Justin! I just want a relationship like your's! And that's why I was trying to steal him from you! I thought that if he was mine, that I would have a relationship like your's! But now I realized he's just my co-star! So it will never happen!" she cried.

Looking over at Pattie she was just as confused as I was. I was not expecting her to say that. Actually I couldn't believe anything she was saying. Just the tone of her voice sounded fake. Looking back at Barbara, I saw the look in her eyes. I felt like she was lying. But I decided to play along.

"Barbara look, I'm not mad at you about anything." I lied. "You're not?" Barbara asked. "Trust me. I would probably do the same thing." I said. 'Okay so that one was a lie, yet I was telling the truth. If I was in her shoes, I would probably do the same thing. But only because it's Justin.' I thought..

"Seriously?" she asked. Nodding, she seemed to be buying it. "But was it really necessary to lock me in Justin's dressing room?" I asked. Barbara began laughing then replied, "Sorry about that."