Chapter 32: Popcorn

Justin's P.O.V.

Sitting down in the movie theater next to Barbara, she handed me the bucket of popcorn. She leaned in closer to me. "I wish we were seeing a scary movie so I could cuddle with you." Barbara said.

"Who says it has to be a scary movie?" I asked. Putting my arm around Barbara, she moved in closer.  She laid her head on my chest. 'Wait what am I doing? How could I say that?' I thought.

The previews of the movie began. My phone went off. Everyone on the audience shushed me. Rolling my eyes, I ignored the text. Eating some popcorn, I stared at the screen. Why was I here? I was supposed to be with Selena right now. Yet, I was here with Barbara. Imagining Selena in my head, she was probably wandering where I was. Sighing, I knew I just made a mistake. 

Unwrapping my arm from Barbara, she took her head off my chest and looked at me confused. Bring my arm to my side, I continued to look at the screen.

"This is just for us to connect for the movie, right?" I asked. Barbara laughed a little. Oh no, this seriously was a date. Okay, I knew that but still.

"No this is a date. Remember? I asked you out." she said. People in the audience shushed her.

We both ignored them. 'Of course, I remembered! And saying yes to this was the biggest mistake I have ever made.' I thought then nodded.

"Yeah well this isn't a date to me." I said. Barbara rolled her eyes from annoyance then let out a loud groan.

"Yes it is!" she yelled. Everyone shushed us again.'Calm down people these are just the previews.' I thought.

Barbara took a deep breathe then asked,"I'm sorry, But this is a date. I mean you're a guy, I'm a girl. We're at the movies. What would you call this?" 'Not a date,' I thought. Staring at the screen, my phone went off again. Luckily everyone in the audience was to busy shushing Barbara to notice.

"Look I'm sorry! Let's just start this whole thing over, okay?" Barbara suggested. She took my arm and wrapped it back around her. She placed her head back on my chest. She was trying way to hard to make this work. Tuning out the movie, I had to find a way to get out of here.

Should've said no in the first place. All I could think about was Selena and how I ditched her to come and hang out with Barbara. Wow, I totally blew it. Seriously, I needed to get out of here; now. My phone went off making Barbara groan.

"Can't Selena take a hint! I mean I am your girlfriend now, so she needs to stop!" Barbara hissed. Immediately, I unwrapped my arm from her.

"You are not my girlfriend! Selena is! And the only one who needs to stop is you!" I yelled. The audience looked away from the movie and looked at us. Looking at Barbara, I saw the anger in her eyes.

"How could you say that?" she asked in a surprised tone. Why was she surprised? She knew that Selena was my girlfriend. Plus all we did was kiss twice. How could she assume that we were a couple?!?

The first time we kissed on set. Plus that was our characters Jace and Elizabeth; our characters, not us! Then in my dressing room, which was totally off guard. So really they didn't even count. So she  couldn't be assuming that we were a couple based off the kissing.

"How could I say that? How could I say that! Of course I would say that because we're not!" I yelled. Barbara began to whine. Rolling my eyes, I had to get out of here now. Getting up from my seat, Barbara grabbed my hand that wasn't holding the popcorn bucket.

She held my hand tightly. Looking back at her I asked, "What now?" Barbara got up from her seat. 'Why am I wasting my time? I need to get out of here.' I thought.