Chapter 36: Text Messages

Selena's P.O.V.

Justin closed the door behind him when he was leaving. Rolling onto my back, I stared at the ceiling. Taking my J-ring off, I set it on the night stand. Justin was being honest; I could tell by the tone of his voice. I was so happy that we had made up and everything was going to be alright. My phone went off, which made me turn around and take my phone off the nightstand. I opened the text.

Alfredo: Hey Selena, I know it's kind of late but I can't stop thinking about you. I know we just meet and everything and you have a boyfriend. But I figured since your boyfriend blew you off that you guys broke up. And I really like you.

Looking around the room, I thought,'Seriously Alfredo?' I mean like I thought I felt something, but I only felt that because I felt bad because Justin blew me off. But now I knew that Justin was definitely the one for me.

Me: Look Alfredo, I had a great time with you :) But I'm still with my boyfriend. It was just a misunderstanding. We can still be friends, right?

Alfredo: Yeah of course.....I'm glad you and your boyfriend worked everything out.

Me: Me too

Alfredo: Well I hope you have a great night. I hope we can see each other again soon too.

Me: Yeah me too. Hope I see you soon. Goodnight :)

Alfredo: Goodnight :)

Putting my phone back on my nightstand, I then shut my eyes. There was a weird taste in my mouth. Opening my eyes, I sat up. I got up from my bed and left my room to go to the bathroom and brush my teeth.

Justin's P.O.V.

Sitting down on my bed, I was beyond happy that Selena and I had made up. I would never make that mistake again. There was no way I was going to do anything that could break-up Selena and I. Then I remembered that I had forgotten to say goodnight to Selena. Getting up from my bed, I left my bedroom. Going into the hallway, I then opened Selena's door.

"Selena." I whispered. No response. Opening the door all the way, I walked into her room. She wasn't here. Turning back around, I guess she would have to live without my 'goodnight' tonight. Then I heard Selena's phone go off.

Turning around with curiosity, I looked around for her phone. 'I shouldn't be doing this.' I thought. Her phone went off again. Her phone was on the nightstand. Quickly glancing back, to see if Selena was coming, I then looked back forward. Going over to her bed, I sat down then picked up her phone. I typed my name into her phone. It was so cute how she used my name as her password.

Opening the texts, they were from a guy named Alfredo. 'Alfredo? Who's Alfredo?' I thought. Looking closely at the picture, it was the guy that was with Selena at the diner. I tried not to let my jealousy get the best of me, and opened the texts.

Alfredo: Do you think we can hang out tomorrow?

He wanted to hang out with Selena tomorrow? Well, too bad! She's going to be on set all day with me tomorrow. Looking back at the door, she still wasn't here. Turning my head, I looked back down at Selena's phone. My thumbs were hovering over the keypad. 'Should I?' I thought.

The last thing I needed was for Selena to be mad at me. But then again she had texted Ryan on my phone a few days ago. I began texting then looked up and saw Selena standing in front of me. Immediately, I dropped her phone.

"Oh Selena. I didn't even hear you come in." I said. Selena rolled her eyes.

"Well obviously." she said then crouched down and picked up her phone. She stood up and stared at her screen. She looked at me confused.

"Wait, you were texting Alfredo?" she asked. Selena sat down next to me on the bed.

"Well really I didn't text him. I mean I didn't send it to him. So it really shouldn't count as texting him. I mean it never sent so yeah." I said. Selena rolled her eyes.

"You're over explaining this." she giggled. I nodded. She showed me the screen of her phone and I read what I had typed.

Me: Well actually I can't.Tomorrow I'm going to be with my boyfriend ALL DAY :D :) <3

Looking down at the floor, Selena set her phone on the nightstand.

"I wouldn't say actually." Selena said while laughing. Looking away from the floor, I smiled at Selena.

"You just did." I said. Selena rolled her eyes.

"I love how you put all day in all caps. You're jealousy is too cute." Selena said. Looking at her confused, I thought,'How did she know I was jealous?'

"I'm not jealous." I said while blushing.

"Don't worry it's cute," Selena said,"And don't worry about anything going on between Alfredo and I."

I smiled. Selena pressed her lips against my cheek. Getting up from her bed, I smiled. There was nothing going on between her and Alfredo, that was a relief.

"So what were you doing in here anyways?" Selena asked.

"Oh yeah. I just forgot to say goodnight. So goodnight babe." I said.

"Goodnight babe." Selena said. Selena got under her covers then shut her eyes. Smiling, I then left her room. Closing the door behind me, I went into my bedroom. Getting into my bed, I shut my eyes. 'There was nothing going on between Selena and Alfredo.' I thought happily.