Chapter 38.

Aubrey's POV*

I stayed quiet throughout the entire trip. Silence overcame any possible noise. Even the driver said nothing when Harry paid the fare. I walked in the house first, and Harry followed. He closed the door behind us and turned on the kitchen cabinet under lights. I stood in the living room, still speechless. I didn't know if I should start first or not. We faced each other in almost darkness, his gaze still on mine.

"Harry, please say something." I couldn't take the silence anymore.

"Aubrey, what do you want me to say? Do you have any idea what you did tonight?"

"I'm sorry Harry, I didn't know any of this was going to happen."

"The boys told me that you girls were going to have a slumber party or something."

"I had no idea about anything they planned. You were the one who told them to come. If I knew that they didn't tell you boys, I wouldn't have gone out." I paused. "I didn't even want to go out tonight."

"Are you putting the blame on me?" The tone of his voice changed.

"N-no. It's just I — I don't even know anymore." I turned my body slightly away from him and the silence consumed us again. A few minutes passed and I heard Harry walk away. I didn't bother looking his way. I then suddenly felt his breath on my neck.

"Aubrey." He paused. "Do you know how worried I was when I came home and you weren't here. I called you and your phone went straight to voicemail."

I moved slightly away from him and checked my clutch for my phone; it was dead. I shook my head, I should've seen it before I left to see if it had any charge. Aubrey, you idiot.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I turned towards him. His eyes were on mine and his face had worry written all over it.

"Rhea." He closed the gap between us as his forehead rested on mine. "I was scared. So scared when I didn't know where you were. I know you're an adult, but still."

"I can't tell you how sorry I am." My voice was in a whispered tone. My watery eyes slowly let a few tears fall.

"Shh. Don't cry." He wiped away my tear, picked my chin slowly, and softly placed his lips on mine. He lightly brushed his lips through the kiss. I could feel his sense of love and calmness to ease me. He parted away from me, but his mouth was still barely hovering over mine. "I don't know what I would do if I lost you."

I couldn't let him get upset, I pushed back into him, and moved my lips gently on his. He needed to know that I would never leave him or disappear. The slight taste of alcohol lingered on his mouth, but I ignored it. I pulled back slightly and rested myself on him. "I'm sorry."

He moved a step back and brushed his hands up and down my arms. "I shouldn't have gotten upset with you. I know it wasn't your fault."

"I'm sorry."

"Please, stop saying you're sorry." His voice was sincere.

"Sorry." I said softly, then let out a small laugh in realisation with what I'd just said. He smiled back at me.

"You know something." He let go of me and tapped his fingers on his chin. "That guy was right about one thing. You should have wore a different dress."

"W-what? You don't like it?"

"Are you kidding me? I love it. You look incredible, I wouldn't have let you go out like that though. All the guys would be after you, clearly, I was right on that."