Chapter 25.

Aubrey's POV*

"Wow. This is a breathtaking view." Harry spoke out reaching at the highest point of a mountain that we hiked up. I panted following him, wishing that I had brought some water with me.

The air was getting thinner, but it was getting fresher at the same time. Each step walking through the rocky uneven path, I focused on trying not to fall rather than what I had experienced. Harry had so much energy throughout the entire trail, he mainly waited for me while I rested throughout half of the time we needed to actually hike the mountain. I hadn't realized that we reached the peak until Harry stopped, I was slower than he was, following him the entire time.

"It is incredible, isn't it?" I told him without looking up, still trying to catch my breath.

"Absolutely. I wish that we could stay here forever, but I know that's not possible." He said looking into the mountainous view.

"Yeah. That would be nice." I responded with a slight disappointment lingering in my voice. My thoughts trailed back off to thinking about what happened back in my old home. It was something that I never thought could possibly happen. I knew that our family had issues, but listening to my father's voice admitting he was having an affair, was simply excruciating.

"Stop thinking about what happened. Trust me, it'll only do you no good. Your Dad's an ultimate piss-off, just like mine. There's nothing we could've done about it." Harry let out, turning towards me, responding to my thoughts. He's pretty much is my personal mind reader. I think we both have some sort of weird psychic connection, it's odd.

"You know me too well. It's just hard. Everything happened so fast and it's not something anyone should ever have to hear. I mean lying is one thing, but having an affair and getting caught a day before your father-in-law's death. Unbelievable. This is just too much." I let out. It was hard saying it out loud. I guess some of the hardest things to say are the things we wish they weren't a true part of reality.

"I know what you mean. Our father's are almost identical with what they did, but like I said, there's no need about stressing about it now. It might be a little hard hearing it, even from me, but you have to put him in the past. They don't deserve a part in our hearts or even our thoughts." Harry said putting his arm around me. It was definitely hard to listen to, but he was right. I put my arms around his waist and placed my head on his chest, squeezing really tight.

"Well," He continued, "I think we should go canoeing or kayaking, one of those things that are down in that stream. What do you think? I think we should make the most of our time here continuing to explore in this beautiful place." His voice spoke out with enthusiasm.

"I s'pose so." I shrugged my shoulders, remaining in the same position.

"If you don't want to go, we don't have to. I'm just trying to get you out of — "

"No I want to, trust me. I just think I'll need a major ton of water when we get back on flat land." I let out a smile.

"No worries." He spoke out with a chuckle. "Do you want to hop on, I think you'll have fun." He pointed to his back.

"Oh goodness, no. I will make us both roll down this mountain which will give us broken bones everywhere. We can walk it together, going down will definitely be easier than going up." I laughed.

"Fine. But we're not going anywhere until you come and experience this view with me." He let go of me and turned his head back towards the mountains. I smiled and went on to take in the beautiful Rockies.