Ch. 1 Betrayals

20 years before
August 28, 1976

It was the end of the first week of school.

Wednesday to be exact.

The summer break had been useful, and filled with information.

Upon the rumors that broke out at the end of term last year, Sirius and I decided to keep the charade that was started of us dating.

Of course, we didn't count on him catching feelings towards me and ending up behaving like a complete dunce.

I had just gotten out of double Potions. I was walking down the corridor when I saw an image that made my blood run cold. My face beginning to heat up in anger as an automatic reaction.

I began to feel the stinging pain of betrayal and rejection as I saw Sirius Black snogging with Siomara Maclaven and embrace her lovingly.

It was a desperate call for attention, and more humiliating than hurtful.

As I walked passed I noticed Lily Evans, Alice Blake, and Molly Prewett stood a few feet away from them, laughing at something.

As the humiliation began to grow I turned and began walking rapidly down the corridor quickly making my way through the castle, trying to avoid everyone that bumped into me, while keeping my head down as I passed them.

I thought about hiding out in the girls lavatory or the small cabin near the edge of the Forbidden Forest but hiding out just seemed like a cowardly thing to do. Especially when I hadn't done a thing to deserve the humiliation I was being subjected to.

'You are a coward'. A voice in the back of my mind snarked in.

'Shut it, you!' I thought back, quickly pulled the hood of my cloak over my head and picked up my pace as I walked into the darkened woods.

'Bloody drag this day has turned out to be.' I thought angrily to myself, as I walked through the Forbidden Forest towards the lake, fighting tears the entire way there.

I slowly walked towards Black Lake. I found a hollowed-out log to sit on, just in time for me to fall apart, salty bitter tears running down my face like a babbling brook.

I sat on the hollowed out log, watching as the sun reflected from it, looking towards the horizon and all the colors the sun cast as it shined from the sky like a bright, glowing orange orb.

Humiliation, embarrassment and anger slowly beginning to bubble within me.

I sighed, shaking my head trying to get rid of the feelings I held.

Stupid moronic, no good excuse for a boy.

Well, at least it wasn't what one considered love. No, I couldn't really classify it as love, it was more like attraction or interest, platonic, if you can even call it that. Now all I feel towards Sirius Black is immense disgust, and a little bit of self-loathing towards myself for thinking of him in any other way  besides friendship.

I was so distracted by my self-wallow that I didn't realize that someone had walked in my direction.

It was too late by the time I did, I heard the leaves crunch beneath the person's footsteps and a tree branch snap in half as it was stepped on.

A second later,I screamed in terror as I felt a hand clamp down and squeeze lightly on my shoulder, a hand clamp down over my mouth. Surprising me as they did so. I bit down on the hand, gasping in surprise as I was quickly released and fell to the ground unexpectedly.