Ch. 31 Christmas Party

The next day was utter chaos, particularly in the girls' dormitories and bathrooms.

Almost all of the existing lavatories were filled to the brim.

Many of the girls found themselves complaining about how little time they had to find what to wear, and what way they were going to style their hair.

I sighed annoyed, pulling out a rather old black dress one of the sisters from the orphanage had given me, and quickly performing a charm to change its color and recreate its appearance.

I watched as it slowly changed to the image I had in my head.

It slowly changed to an emerald, angel sleeved, floor-length, backless, lace dress.

I smirked as I hung the dress by my bed, before going to shower.

After showering I slipped into a breezy cap sleeve summer, floor-length dress before slipping my cloak and knee-length boots on.

I quickly made my way to the Great Hall and to have breakfast.

Bellatrix, Cissy, and Dromeda sat on the far side, with empty plates, and were both having a heavy discussion from the looks of it.

Tension radiated from all three of them.

"Relax. I'm sure everything will be alright. You know, our mother, she can be mad but eventually, she'll understand, Andi." Narcissa said.

"Well, I think this is wrong. Mother will 'Crucio' you when she finds out what you're planning on doing after you graduate if she gets her hand on you." Bella sneered, scowling as the food began to appear before us.

"But she won't find out. At least, not until it's too late to stop me." Andi said, looking firmly at Bellatrix, who scowled back.

I sat there next to Andi, who would begin twitching in her seat, every few minutes.

Cissy looked paler than usual. Her platinum and black striped hair looked dull and lifeless.

It was rather peculiar watching her usually bouncy hair sit limp just beneath her shoulders.

"What's going on with you three? Why all the long faces?" I asked, slicing through my crepes, spearing a strawberry before I scooped up a piece of the crepe and threw it in my mouth.

"We received an owl last night. That's why I wasn't in the room when you got back from... wherever you were." Bella whispered, lowering her voice slightly.

She looked over to the professors' table, we realized Professor Dumbledore had his eyes on us.

I rolled my eyes at that fact before I continued to eat my food vigorously.

"Why do you think he keeps staring this way?" Cissy asked as she finished chewing through her food.

"I suppose it's because we are friends with Tom, I don't think he's ever trusted, Tom. He's always been rather suspicious of him. I suppose it's because he thinks there's something going on." I said, looking down at my food with a shrug of my shoulders.

My suspicions were confirmed when Tom sat down next to me.

Dumbledore's eyes never left our growing group's location.

I ignored the stares, and inconspicuously grabbed Tom's thigh, under the table, pushing into his mind.

'Dumbledore has been staring this way since I walked into the room.' I thought, releasing my grip and bringing up my hand to continue eating.

'Is that so...' He thought, amused.

To which I nodded and continued eating my food.

"What did the letter you received last night say?" I asked with faux casualty, as I speared a piece of home fries that were on my plate, attempting to keep calm.