Ch.38 Blacks' Home

I stood in the cemetery watching the spot where he stood before he had disappeared. Then proceeding to apparate just outside the Blacks' home.

Slowly making my way towards the elegant wooden doors, as I was about to raise my hand to move the bronze knocker, the door slammed open, hard, so much so that it hit the back wall.

"Annie, you're finally here!" Bella said, excitement shining in her eyes, as she crushed me to her chest.

"It's good to see you too, Bella," I mumbled dryly as she released me.

"Come on. I have loads to tell you. Let's go to my room before my sisters find out you're already here." She whispered, pulling me along with her as the door slammed closed behind us.

We quickly climbed up the stairs and swiftly disappeared into her room. She slammed the door shut and locked the door magically so that it could only be opened through the inside.

She then proceeded to push me onto the overstuffed bench at the foot of her bed.

"Soo..." she began, sighing dramatically before she continued,
"How was Christmas with Riddle?" She asked, her eyebrows moving suggestively as she spoke.

"..." I stared at her blankly, willing my face to stay expressionless, and the same hue.

"Come on, quit being such a twat and tell me! What'd you do? Where'd you go? Did you finally lose your good girl bit?" She asked, mirth shining in her dark eyes, practically bouncing in her seat.

"We went to London, met a few of his family members and that's all you're going to know..." I allowed, smirking at her disappointment.

"Just give a slight nod. Did you finally get the ball rolling?" She asked, bouncing in her seat, excitedly.

I felt my lips twitch in amusement as I watched her, sighing I finally gave a slight nod to her before lowering my head in response once. She squeaked before smiling at me.

"Well, at least you arrived in time for the ball." She commented dryly, changing the subject, quietly getting off the bed, and walking towards her closet.

I felt a scowl begin to form on my face as I watched her pull out two small boxes from behind the closet door.

"No. No. No. No. No. I already have a dress remember? You and your crazy sisters bought me three dresses. I can't accept this." I said, backing away towards the door.

"My mother bought you all of this. She'll be deeply offended if you don't accept it and wear one tonight. She also got you a couple of other things too." She said, inclining her head towards the stack of gifts that were neatly piled in one of the corners of her room.

Oh, Merlin's bloody beard! Did they buy out an entire clothing shop?

"Why did you decide to decorate your room like this?" I asked, eyeing her faded gray walls, and looking towards her canopy bed, which surprisingly had a deep elaborate plum converter, with matching pillows.

She shrugged in response, before puffing her cheeks and blowing the air out dramatically.

"My mother wanted more color in here, the best one that I could find was either this purple color or a fruity, frilly pink. You could guess which one I picked out." She said, throwing herself onto the bed.

Suddenly the door was blasted open, a piece hitting me square in the back, sending me sprawling to the floor.

In its place stood a very angry looking Druella Elara Black.

Her face smooth, but her deep chocolate brown eyes had a fire ignited. Her fiery red hair was curled to perfection, looked like a fiery halo around her head and shoulders; she wore a simple long-sleeved dress.

"Bellatrix Theodora Black! What have your father and I told you about locking- Oh goodness, dear? Are you alright?" She asked as her eyes landed on me.

I was still laying splayed flat on the floor, my face still smashed against the pine floor as I began trying to get to my feet.

"Oh my goodness, I am terribly sorry, dear. I thought Bellatrix had locked herself in her room. In a poor attempt to try to get out of the party we're throwing tonight. Please accept my apologies. I didn't know you had arrived already." She said, pulling me to my feet.

She helped me to my feet and lead me to sit on the purple velvet chesterfield.

She flicked her hand in the arm to produce a tray full of food.

"Eat, you look like you haven't eaten in days." She commented as she set it down before waving her wand once more to heal the cuts that she knew were on my back.

She smiled at me once more before throwing Bellatrix an evil eye.

"Who is coming tonight?" I asked curiously.

"I think most of the families of the sacred twenty-eight ... and Tom..." She said carefully.

"Why isn't my family or other people from school coming?" I asked curiously.

"Because my family only invites people who they deem worthy." She said carefully, as she began pulling out yet another box and parcel and placing it on her bed.

"Mm. But technically they'd have to have updated it...I mean this thing is at least, or more than three to four decades old! More pureblooded families are known to have appeared, and there are at least four more that need to be added on." I argued, feeling a pout begin to form.

"Yes, that may be but those are the original twenty-eight. Just drop the subject, Annie." She said untying the parcel.

"Alright, fine," I said, shaking my head as I pulled out a pair of stockings from my bag.

"No, no. Wear something my mother got you. They're rather nice." She said, excited as she grabbed a parcel and a box from the corner of the room.

I groaned and nodded. "Go take a bath, I'll lay out your clothes and you can change while I go bring Andromeda and Narcissa." She said walking out of the room.

I slowly walked to the bathroom, grabbing a bath towel on the way. I wished for my family to be here, sadly that couldn't be.

After the bath, I slowly got out and peeked out the door before I walked fully out of the bathroom.

I had just gotten on my undergarments, when the door popped wide opened and in walked in the three sisters, giggling.

"What's so funny?" I asked as I pulled on my garter belt.

"Oh, nothing just the fact that Mother almost killed you a couple of minutes, and she is now as red as the hair on her head," Cissy said, covering her mouth to control the giggles.

I rolled my eyes at her as I sat on the bed. "Let's start getting ready before your mother decides she wants to blow up another door," I muttered, shaking my head, but still smirking at their amused expressions.

We all began giggling uncontrollably as we all began pulling on our dresses for the ball.