Ch.22 Occurrences & Preparations.

Everything was dark.

No matter how much I tried pushing the darkness, fighting against the groggy feeling I had in my head.

It was disheartening and exasperating, helpless even. Soon, I began to see multiple images play out before me.

I watched as Tom stood before the entrance of the Chamber of Secrets, sliding in before it closed behind him.

Suspicion began to bubble, and briefly caused me to wonder, what he could possibly be plotting.

I was certain he was, but the question was what he was planning.

I was trying to decipher what it all meant, when I began to hear a weird buzzing noise coming from an unknown direction.

At first, it was just a small insigificant buzzing noise, but then it slowly began to turn into a variation of distorted noises.

Until finally, they all turned into a pair of arguing voices:

"This is all your fault, Riddle!" Bellatrix growled.

"My fault? What do you mean my fault? It's not like I was the one who asked her to look into the damn glass sphere." He snapped.

'Wonderful they're fighting. Tom better not do anything to Bellatrix because I swear I'll -' I thought before Madam Noelle interrupted my train of thought.

"Hey, knock it off, both of you or you'll have to leave here." Madam Noelle chastised, as she moved around the room.

'Kids these days, they're going to end up killing me one of these days.' She thought rolling her eyes as she walked away.

'You're not that far off, Noelle.' I thought dryly.

'How long is it going to take for her to wake up? Merlin, she needs to wake up before I end up doing something stupid.' Bellatrix thought.

"Too late." I replied out loud, cracking an eye open.

"Sophie." She sighed, in relief.

"Bella." I said, grinning at her, before noticing Tom was still in the room.

"Tom, what are you doing here?" I asked, raising myself onto my elbows.

"He's the one who saved you from splitting your head into two, on the floor as you fell towards the ground. He also carried you all the way here." Bella said, throwing me a meaningful look before she left.

Probably so I wouldn't glare at her in annoyance.

"Thanks, I suppose." I said, laying back down on the cot as I began to feel my head begin to throb once again.

"You know, as effortless as it is to be irritated with you. It's much harder to stay away from you." He said, as he walkd over and sat down in the chair next to the bed.

"Well, you should try harder." I replied, closing my eyes in a terrible attempt to get some rest.

"Sophia, I get why you are angry with me, I do, but could you at least make an attempt to speak to me?" He asked, sighing in exasperated.

Speak? Now, he wants to speak?

I'm not some sort of dog that he can command. He can't hurt me then expect me to act like it's alright.

"What's there to talk about? You clearly made it painfully clear what your decision was the other night, so what is left to talk about?" I asked, softly, not opening my eyes.

I heard as he sighed again, this time in agitation.

I let my mind push the barrier of his mind, without him noticing.