Ch. 2 Confessions

I groaned, internally. When I saw who was waiting for me there, in the common room. It was as if an entire party was waiting to ambush me.

I rolled my eyes at them as one of them tried to apologize once more to me for what happened earlier. I, however, chose to instead ignore their pleas, briskly making my way up the stairs that lead to the girls' dormitories.

I had had enough drama for one day, I didn't need more to it. After all, I was here to learn, not to get myself into trouble. Well, more trouble.

Lily and Alice, were already waiting for me on their assigned beds. Mine being in between theirs.

I noticed that both were already aware of what had occured, and worried about the situation.

Well, that and I probably had some explaining to do. I sighed, shaking my head as I set my books down, and went to sit on my bed.

Just as Alice began to speak Molly Prewett, rushed through the door, her blue eyes as wide as saucers, and her long, fiery, red hair looking wild, probably from the running she did on the way here. She was a year older than us, and was brilliant when it came to Defense Against the Dark Arts and Potions.

I let out a small giggle at the sight of all their expressions, trying to lighten up the unbearable tense atmosphere.

Molly, however, wasn't having any of that. She quickly made her way over to where I was, and quickly plopped down in the seat next to mine.

Being unsure if it was for moral support or not. I briefly wondered why as Alice joined Lily on her bed so we moved closer, as they all turned to look at me expectantly.

All waiting for the same thing. An explanation of what had occured today.

"Let me guess. There is a problem forming downstairs as we speak. A problem, which includes Sirius Black, James Potter, and Remus Lupin..." I finally said, tiredly.

"Yes, actually—" Molly began.

"Arthur Weasley is attempting to keep things calm, so we don't get points deducted but we probably will, because Professor McGonagall and Bettie are on their way here already as we speak." I said unintentionally interrupting her, as I rolled my eyes towards the ceiling in exasperation.

"Well, yes, that's what I was hear to inform you about." Molly said, eyeing me with concern.

"You know, you girls should probably not underestimate her because of her age, she is quite brilliant, if I do say so myself." I said, in a bored, uninterested tone, looking out the window towards the gleaming lake under the twilight sky.

"Anna, Sirius is the one causing the problem." Molly said, in a displeased tone.

I sighed, nodding in acknowledgment but not saying anything else on the matter.

"Peter is down there as well, they're all trying to keep him away from the girls' dormitories. Not that they could make it up here with the charm that was placed on the stairs. He did mention something about it being all his fault and how he was going to murder all of them for talking him into that stupid wager. Since he lost the most important thing that mattered to him." Molly added, looking straight at me for the rest of the explanation.

I rolled my eyes in response. "Black's always known how to lay on the dramatics thickly. He didn't lose anything. He never had it." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"What-what wager are they talking about? Annie?" Lily asked, concerned.

Though the doubt that was etched on her face made it clear she was unwilling to believe what was just said.