Ch. 45

I felt the next few months flew by, all too soon I realized that we were now a week away from the end of the school year.

I felt anticipation of finally being able to be alone, even if it does mean staying here for the summer break. The professors informed me that I would be staying at one of the lofts here and Tom in another. We are to stay here under the watchful eyes of the professors.

I was currently in the common room arguing with Tom once more.

After he invaded my mind while I slept, he discovered of my plans to confront Nikolai, mind you it was alone. To say he went bonkers would be to putting it lightly.

Following the discovery, he wouldn't let me out of his sight even for a second. He had people from our group following me, escorting me, and watching my every move.

I hadn't been alone since then. Now, we were arguing all the time because he wanted to know why I was hell-bent on letting him find me.

You see, I had managed to confront Dumbledore after I had the vision that involved him and Grindlewald, he only confirmed my suspicions. Grindlewald was looking for me, it isn't to gain anything but to protect me. He knew that I was in danger, and he wanted to protect me at all costs.

Judging from the vision I had, I could only conclude that he was the last living relative I had on the Riel side. I brief wondered if I should go and speak to him, but judging from the look I received from the Professor, I knew it would be idiotic to attempt to go while school is still occuring.

Snapping back into reality, I watched as Tom was still pacing before me as I currently sat on the chesterfield, near the emerald flames.

"Don't act out of stupidity Soph, listen to me please. Let yourself see reason for once in your life." He pleaded, looking towards me before he continued pacing.

"This is your own fault. Didn't I warn you not to ask questions you aren't ready to hear the answer to? Well, this is what you get. It finally came to bite you in the arse." I retorted, scowling down at the ground.

"Give me a reason, valid one, as to why I should let the love of my life confront a psychopathic cold-blooded killer by herself without any help or back up, and I will gladly let her go." He said, crossing his arms over his chest as he towered over me.

"Because, if you don't, he will kill and hurt more people that we know and care about. Do you really want something to happen to Bellatrix's parents next? The Lestranges? The Dolohovs?" I asked, standing up to look him in the eye, though he towered over me, even with heels on.

"That's not a good enough reason. We can all go. We are all skilled in dueling, thanks to your practicing with them behind my back, which I knew about. That'll be better than you going alone." He argued, scowling as he gazed down at me.

"Tom, listen to me. I am not trying to hurt you. That- that isn't my intention." I tried, my voice trembling before I began lowering my gaze.

"Then why won't you let me go with you?Do you not trust me to have your back? Why are you pushing me away, when all I'm trying to do is help you?" He asked, his voice raising an octave, hurt flashing within his eyes.

"You know that isn't the reason, Tom." I said, my voice cracking, as I looked away.

"Then what is it?" He pressed, raising his voice an octave.

"Because I can't lose you!" I answered, my eyes beginning to burn, "I won't lose you. You're the only one that I care about. The only person that would affect me greatly if something bad happened to you because of me. It would destroy me. Please- Just try to understand." I pleaded.