Ch 44

We stayed in our dorms for the better part of the next day.

The lockdown was instated for the better part of the morning and part of the afternoon.

That is until we were all ordered to gather in the entrance courtyard by the Ministry of Magic. They gave us a full hour to prepare ourselves.

I groggily pushed off my bedsheets and got out of bed making my way to the bathroom.

Then proceeded to rip my nightdress off, standing under the freezing cold water as it slowly began to warm up. When it did warm up I quickly washed my hair and then scrubbed myself clean at a fast pace.

Once I got out, I then proceed to quickly dry myself, putting my hair in loose ringlets before pulling on my thick thigh-length black stockings and then proceeded to pull on my cotton, maxi dress with angel wing style sleeves. Slipping on a light coat of makeup before turning to look at myself in the mirror.

When I walked out into my room, Bellatrix was already sitting on her bed, slipping her chunky heeled boots, grumbling under her breath as she zipped them up.

I pulled a pair on and slipped on my sleeveless hooded gray cloak, before slipping on an emerald encrusted silver Grecian style headpiece onto my head.

"Well, don't you look lively this morning." She remarked dryly, as she began to attempt braiding her wild black ringlets.

"Hmm," I replied, shrugging my shoulders as we grabbed and slipped our wands into our cloaks, before making our way out of the room and down towards the common room.

"I wonder what is going on? I mean, I am sure Grindlewald is gone. So, why are we still on lockdown? What else could have happened?" She wondered, as we slowly descended the stairs that lead down to the common room.

I flinched in response to the name, wanting nothing more than to forget everything I discovered the prior morning.

When we walked into the room, I noticed almost everyone was still in their dormitories getting ready, the few people who were present the ones who were a part of our group.

As we stood there, awaiting further instructions, I could feel a fuzzy feeling begin to swirl in my stomach as the sight before me, vanished, quickly being replaced by another one.

***

Vision:

The minister of magic stood before us all, a dark shadow in his face as he looked into the crowd, grief clear on his face as he scanned the crowd, searching.

"It is with great, and deep grief that I inform you all that we have lost four people from important families this day." He said, taking a deep breath before continuing.

"I am pained to inform you all that Alya Nova Malfoy and her husband Abraxas Keith Malfoy I were found murdered in their manor this past Monday. Their eldest son was found and is currently residing with the Lestrange family." He said, as his eyes landed on an ashen head of hair.

Lucius, who happened to be standing next to Tom, Cissy, and I, let out a pained cry, shaking his head in disbelief.

"No, no, no, no! You-you're wrong! I received a letter from them this past Monday morning. You're wrong. They're not dead!" He shouted, as Bastan and Rod suddenly appeared on either side of him, holding him in his place as he doubled over pained.

***

I could feel tears falling from my eyes as I blinked back into the present, shaking my head dazed as I realized Tom was now standing next to me, holding me up by my elbow.