Ch. 33 Meeting the Riddles

I woke up the next morning with the room enclosed in complete darkness.

The hearth had gone out sometime during the night.

The dim light that crept into the room from the slight partition in the drapes told me it was a little earlier than six in the morning.

I could feel my heart pounding against my rib cage, as I saw the room disappear before me.

I was now surrounded by flashing images, they were the same ones that I had seen on the train, on the way here.

I blinked back into the present and proceeded to climb out of bed and gather my things before going into the bathroom to shower.

I let the hot water steam up the bathroom before slipping my nightdress off and stepping into the shower stall, adjusting the water to a lower temperature before fully stepping into the water.

After the shower, I performed the quick-dry spell and began getting dressed only to realize I left my panties in my bag.

I grumbled under my breath, as I pulled on my black stocking, and garter belt before I slid my skirt on and my forest green, lacy, off-the-shoulder blouse.

Knowing fully well where we'd be going.

When I walked out of Tom was sitting in the dimly lit room. Reading a book, as he sat with nothing but his pajama bottoms on, in the armchair.

"Where will we be going to go first?" I asked, as I reached into my bag and pulled out my lace panties, and my black thick heeled boots with a silver zipper on the side.

"Mm? I'll go get dressed and then we'll discuss it." He replied distractedly, grabbing his clothes and making his way to the bathroom.

I nodded, waiting until he walked into the bathroom to quickly slip on my underwear on.

I could feel my face heat up as I imagined his face if he'd seen what had happened to me. I sat down pulling my skirt up to put on my boots, when I heard the door open before Tom stepped out, with everything but his shoes on.

I ignored him as I stepped into my boots, zipping them up. As I stood up, I slipped my wand into my left boot and let my skirt fall into place, ignoring Tom as I slipped my black cloak on, and clipped the web embedded choker onto my neck. It  had a small teardrop-shaped gem dangling from it.

Tom had just opened his mouth to say something, when a sharp knock was heard on the door of the room.

"Did you remove the charms from the room last night?" I asked as I made my way over to the door.

"Just one, before I fell asleep. I left the silencing charm, the imperturbable charm on. I think we'll be keeping those on for the rest of our stay. They're rather necessary." He said, winking at me before a smirk spread on his face as he slid his socks on and stepped into his shoes.

I moved to open the door, rolling my eyes at his comment before opening the door.

"I-I brought you two breakfast." The elderly man said, pushing the tray in front of the room.

"How nice of you. Thank you. Just leave it right there." I said, moving so he could push the trolley inside the room.

He quickly pushed it into the room and left without a single glance back.

"How interesting. The old goon seems to have taken a liking to you. That's rather interesting..." Tom said, smirking as he made his way towards the cart full of food.

"Shut up and eat." I quipped, quickly grabbing the plate that has scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, and two pieces of toast.

"That's the one I wanted." He complained, grabbing the other one, looking at it with disdain.