Ch. 34 Staggering Confessions

I stomped my way in the direction of the inn, walking in silence as we reeled at what had just occured.

Then reached the entrance of the dingy inn.

I walked quietly towards the stairs ignoring the greeting given to me by the elderly man, who stood behind the front desk.

I quickly, and successfully ascending them and making it to the room, uninterrupted.

When I walked through the door I quietly shut it behind myself.  Dropping my cloak before stepping out of my shoes, before walking towards my bag and pulling put my spellbook.

I then proceeded to lay on the couch with my feet resting on the top cushions of the couch.

I ignored the noise coming from across the room as the door opened and shut behind Tom as he entered the room, wordlessly.

Keeping my eyes on the book in front of my eyes, scanning the spell book I recently found in the school library, in the forbidden section, with curiosity.

"Advanced Defensive Spells?" Tom read out loud as he sat on the other end of the couch, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yes, I want to better my dueling skills. Besides reading is better than doing anything else." I said, pointedly ignoring as he tried to gain my attention.

"Hm." He groaned, standing up and walking towards the bed.

"If you are looking to get attention, might I suggest one of the loose women that are walking and standing down the street, near the corner?" I asked, sarcasm dripping from every word.

"Anger isn't an attractive emotion on you." He noted, slipping off his cloak.

"Yes, well growling isn't a nice sound coming from you, yet you still do it." I quipped, adjusting my legs on the top cushion.

"I'm a man, there are plenty of sounds that shouldn't come from either of us, but they still do." He replied, slipping off his shoes as he climbed onto the bed.

I wrinkled my nose at him, disgusted at what he was hinting at.

"Quit being such an arsehole," I muttered, unhooking my stockings from my garter belt.

"Quit being such a twit and speak to me." He replied, laying on the bed starring up at the cracks on the ceiling.

I rolled my eyes throwing one of my stockings at his head before I began rolling the other one off my leg.

"Do you have to do that here in the room?" He asked groaning as he sat up looking down at the stocking I threw at him, smelling it when he thought I wasn't looking.

"Where else would I do it? In the bathroom? Perhaps in the lobby downstairs with that old man who has a leering problem, maybe?" I suggested sarcastically as I pulled the other one off.

"Didn't the nuns at that orphanage of yours teach you how to be a proper lady? I can see your... garter belt from here..." He said, balling up the stocking he had in his hand.

"Such a lovely gentleman. Not even bothering to avert your eyes, even when you see such a sight." I cooed back as I stood up, letting my skirt hit the floor, covering my legs once more.

"Didn't the old bat, you call ma'am, teach you how to be polite and respectful towards a lady?" I asked as I laid down on the floor by the fire, propping myself on a pillow.

"I believe she did... That is also why I shower every morning, change my clothes to fresh ones, open doors for women to go through before me, and never answer back to someone who is older than me, unless need be." He replied sarcastically.

"Yes, well clean yourself all you want but just because you shower doesn't mean you're not a dirty arsehole..." I quipped back.

He suddenly sat on the bed, staring at me with an intense expression before he slid off the bed and slowly made his way towards me. When he reached the place I was sprawled on he bent down and picked me up before walking over to the bed and throwing me on the bed, causing me to gasp in surprise.

"What—what are you doing now?" I asked, amused.

"Nothing, just trying to make you a bit more comfortable." He said as he laid down next to me on the bed.

"Mhm. Right." I replied, turning to lay on my side.

I began to feel my eyes close of their own accord, soon as they closed I felt as I was pulled into a vision.

The image came distorted, I had to blink a couple of times before I finally understood the image that projects before me.

'A man with piercing blue eyes and blonde hair paced in a dark room, his hands behind his back as he paced back and forth, angrily. '

The image distorted, and I felt as I sat down on the squeaky bed.

Tom laid next to me, his forest green eyes staring at me expectantly.

"I've been trying to get into your mind since you closed your eyes. I've got to admit, I only succeeded for a mere second before I was pushed out..." He said, his nose twitching as he fought the scowl that began to appear on his lips.

"Who was that man you saw just now?" He asked curiously.

"I-I don't know, Tom. I've been seeing him for a while, but I haven't got a clue as to who he might be." I answered truthfully.

"How many times have you seen him, Sophia?" he asked, worried now. sitting up on the bed to look at me.

"I-I can't say I've counted. Two? Maybe three times? Maybe more?" I mumbled, trying to remember, feeling as my forehead creased.

"This can't be good. Do you at least know what he wants?" He asked, curiously.

"I-I think... he's looking for m-me," I whispered looking down at my lap.

I could feel his disbelieving stare as I stared at my lap, uncomfortably.

I could hear him groan as he moved closer to me.

I wasn't sure if he was angry that I kept this information from him but I knew that if I had told him, he'd be on edge, more so than before.

"Sophie." He whispered.

I shook my head in response, looking around the room

"LOOK at me." He commanded.

I shook my head once more, attempting to keep my gaze on my lap before moving my sight towards the swaying emerald blaze.

"What's going on? What else have you been hiding from me?" He asked, carefully, worried.

"Nothing...much. I-I've just been... seeing things. Flashes. They're so sudden that I sometimes don't catch them at all." I explained, shrugging my shoulders indifferently in response.

"Why are you so sacred? Do you know who this is?" He asked, grabbing my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Why do you even care?" I asked coolly, trying to avoid the question.

"Because..." He began, throwing himself back on the bed, bouncing as he did.

I stared at him, confused.

"Because... I think I'm falling in love with you." He admitted, sighing, as he looked up at the ceiling.