Ch. 24 The Belle of The Ball

I spent most of the rest of the night with my thoughts reeling.

This new tidbit of information, let me caught between wanting to believe Tom had changed, and denying he could actually do that.

In fact, I had difficulty paying attention in my classes for the rest of the week.

The words Lucius spoke to me, seemed to be rolling around in my head.

Confusing me more and more as time progressed.

It was now Saturday morning and most of the girls' bathrooms were in complete disorder.

Full of all of the girls from fourth, fifth and sixth year rushing to get ready in time.

We had decided that we wanted to avoid the chaos so, I told Cissy, Andi, and Bella to come to my room to get ready for the ball.

As soon as we finished our breakfast, we all headed back to my room where it was decided we would all take turns showering.

Andi was the first one to shower, then Bella, followed by Cissy and then me.

"Seriously, how long does it take for you to take a shower? What are you even doing in there? Removing all the hair on your body?" Bella called through the door, sarcastically.

"As long as I want and need to take. I don't have hair that shouldn't be on my body." I retorted, as I opened the door of the bathroom, exiting in my night dress.

"Seriously though, how are you even planning on doing your hair, when it's still wet?" She asked me, as she pulled out the white cardboard box that contained her dress.

I shrugged, pulling out everything that I was going to wear for that evening.

I watched as the girls did one another's hair in a fancy coif, and applied a bit of makeup onto their faces.

While I waited for my hair to dry, I began pulling on garter belt and a pair of black thigh-length stocking on.

"Are you almost done?" I asked, as I cast a spell that put my hair in ringlets, and proceeded to pin up portions of it up with small emerald encrusted pins here and there. Adding a thin diamond diadem to finish the look.

"Cissy, and Andi are. I, however, can't seem to be done with this form of torture they call 'beatifying'." Bella complained, popping her head out of the doorway of the bathroom.

Only to have her yanked back in a moment later.

"Hold still or you'll mess up the style." Cissy ordered chastised, slapping her head lightly.

"Sweet Merlin, quit hitting me, woman." Bella grumbled back, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I wouldn't need to hit you, if you and your rear stayed still." She retorted, as she smoothed down another section on her erratic black curls.

A short time later, they all came out dressed in their dresses and their hair done, to slip their shoes on.

By that time I had already slid my dress on, zipped up the back of the dress, and slid my silver shoes onto my feet.

They all stared at me before I continued walking to the bathroom to add a bit of eyeliner, mascara, and cherry red lipstick.

"Wow." They said in unison.

"What? Did I mess my hair up when I put my dress on?" I asked, worried, as I turned back towards the bathroom.

"No, you look good!" Bella squealed, pulling my hand towards the door.

"Lovely, is more accurate." Narcissa said, as we slowly began making our way out of the room.

"Wait, I need to do something first." I said, walking towards my bed, and grabbing my wand and hidding it before walking back towards them.