Ch. 29

We skipped lunch to finish sorting faster, even though we ended up finishing an hour after.

When we finally did finish, we slowly made our way towards the front of the room, retreating our things before exiting the large closet.

"Did you take the silence charm off?" I whispered to him, before we fully entered the classroom.

"Yes, I did. Just after we got back to work." He said, smirking at me.

I was about to give him a snarky reply when we both heard a throat being cleared. Causing me to jump in surprise, while I felt Tom's frame tense behind me.

"Would you two care to explain to me what you two were doing in that closet that required a silencing charm?" The professor asked, with his arms crossed.

"Professor, we just didn't want to get in trouble for cracking jokes. While we were supposed to be in detention." Tom explained as he moved past me. "We finished organizing the potion alphabetically just like you instructed us to do." Tom added, calmly, placing his arms behind his back.

He stared at both of us, in suspicion, for what seemed to be eternity, before he sighed tiredly.

"Very well." He said, displeased, putting the boxes he held on a lab table by the door before promptly walking out of the room.

I inconspicuously flicked my wrist, casting a spell to restore the previous scent of the closet before we were in there, before I slipped on my smock and left to go back to the common room.

When I got back to my room I slipped out of my shoes and smock. Before quick making my way over to the bed, before throwing myself onto it, sighing as my head hit the soft pillow.

I had a short while, maybe two hours , before supper, so I allowed myself sink into sleep as I snuggled deeper into the fluffy pillow.

****

When I woke up, I felt sore, and exhausted. Quickly checking the time before I made my way to the bathroom and took a hot soothing shower. Washing my mouth while I was stood in there.

I was going to put my hair into a loose bun on the back on my head, but as I began to gather my hair in to one of my hands I noticed that one side of my neck and part of my chest was covered in small, dark purple bruises.

So, I alternated by quickly putting my hair to the side and focusing on clearing the bruises on my neck, failing completely as I thought of how they got there.

When I realized there was no way these were going to be fading away anytime soon, I went into my room, and towards my trunk.

Pulling out, and slipping on the black, thick gemmed and beaded choker hoping to help conceal the bruises too.

Quickly proceeding to change into my undergarments and another pair of thigh high stockings before slipping on a forest green, angel sleeve blouse, with black floor length skirt.

I put a light layer of black eyeliner, mascara, and my red lipstick before going back to the room and slipping on my ankle boots.

I slipped on my smock and slowly made my way towards the Great Hall, taking extra time as I walked towards it.

I was just was about to reach the Great Hall when I heard someone calling my name. It was Bastan and the others making their way rapidly towards me.

"Annie!" Bella called, swinging a bag with her arm as she skipped towards me.

"Where have you been all day? I woke up and you were already gone. We were going to invite you to see if you wanted to come to Hogsmeade with us, but we never did find you." She said, her eyes gleaming as she spoke.