Ch. 3 Decisions, Revalations, & Discoveries

I thought about a bunch of possibilities through out the course of that night. Studying forgone, I couldn't help in think of Myrtle Warren.bI knew that if I interfered I would be killed by the Basilisk, that, alone, shook me to my core. Yet, I knew I couldn't just sit back and allow that happen to her.

It was our fifth year here. We had only one more year to complete our magic training.

I knew of Tom's plan, I'd seen it before, I knew he was about to get Hagrid framed, he would open the Chamber of Secrets in a fortnight, he would give into the bitterness and hatred that began to make roots in his heart.

I was sacred beyond belief for him, for little Harry who had yet to be born, and for everyone who lived and would live in the wizarding world.

When I got back to the dormitories I sat there on my bed concentrating on the future- any possible future, trying to shift it if even a little, to a different course.

Nothing, had been changed so far, no matter how hard I concentrated on the future, everything was still the same. I was still seeing Myrtle's death in that girls' bathroom on the second floor, still seeing a snake-like featured Tom kill Lily Evans and James Potter, and his dying attempt to kill their baby boy, Harry, who would be born two years from now, no matter what happened or who it bothered.

If anything, I would try to save Myrtle Warren, even if it was the last thing I did. I had to try. She is far too young to die.

The future of the Potters would survive if I it was the last thing I did, their son deserved to grow up in a happy home not a life of misery with those bitter muggles that are known as the Dursleys.

I knew parseltongue wasn't common, I also knew that Tom spoke it as perfectly, as did I. I tried it once on a snake at the zoo, a year before Dumbledore came to inform me that I was indeed a witch.

When I met Tom on the train, he sat by himself, seeing as the other compartments were full I asked him if it would be alright to sit with him, him promptly nodding only once in response.

He barely acknowledged me until I tripped when the train unexpectedly jolted, and practically fell on his lap, bumping our heads together. We laughed about it and then sobered up, and had become inseparable since then.

We became instant friends after that, despite the fact that we were placed in different houses.

Though I could have been on any of the houses, seeing as I possessed all the characteristics of each house, mainly Slytherin and Gryffindor were what the sorting hat advised me to pick.

I could have been in either but something told me I'd be happier in Gryffindor.

I was heartbroken, to say the least.
I knew then that our friendship would change, I had seen it.

Tom and I spoke, we hung out even if our houses didn't understand why we did it.

Lily and Severus Snape had been close friends too but they had seemed to drift apart, being in different house was difficult, I knew and understood this.

Still, Tom's and my friendship seemed to become something more, I knew this, I had seen it a while ago.

I had only agreed to the entire farce with Sirius, when Tom decided he wanted to go out with different girls, preferably girls from the Slytherin house even if it was just to mess around with them, that is how he ended up with a girl named Janes Sivorski, a tiny pixie like girl, with a point nose and angular face, a year or two older than us.

I was already heartbroken from that, and only ended up hurt from the situation with Sirius. The rumors were a lot more harsh than I expected too.

It was only twelve at midnight, I got in around nine forty-five. I had already managed to think up of three different scenarios to stop from two things happening.