Chapter 42

Namjoon's p.o.v

I woke up and reached over to my phone, answering the call and sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Hello?"

"Hey son, it's your dad...I need to speak." 

"It's too early dad."

"It's important." I sighed.

"Go on."

"The company is failing Namjoon... And i can't support you forever, son."

"W-what are you saying?"

"I can't keep paying your rent and salary. But i looked and my friend is going to let you work for them for a while. The pay is amazing."

"That's okay. Why do you sound sad?"

"It's for six months."

"W-well i can still call a-"

"Namjoon..."

"Yeah?"

"I-it's a one person flight...Jin can't go. The wifi and service is also terrible so you cant message or call." I went silent for a minute and felt tears well up. I looked behind me at Jin who was sleeping peacefully.

"Dad...I can't i really can't." i shook my head and my voice broke.

"Son...You have to. The pay is incredible and if you do this you'll have enough money for you two and generations after."

"T-that much?"

"More than that." I turned back to Jin.

"No amount of money will make me leave him. He'll be alone...I don't want that."

"He can stay with us."

"When is it?"

"Two days." I gasped and bit my lip, crying.

"Give me time to think please."

"Okay...I suggest you take this chance...For the both of you."

"Goodbye dad."

"Bye." I put the phone down and wiped my eyes, then running my hands through my hair. I turned back to Jin and laid down, holding his face while letting out little sobs. He obviously heard as he woke up and hugged me, asking what was wrong. I Explained everything and now he looked like he was going to cry as well.

"6 months?" He said shakily. I nodded. "That's half a year!" I put my head in my hands and cried more. "But he said it'll pay for everything...Everything!" I nodded. "I- i don't like being alone."

"You could stay with them." I  nodded and wiped my eyes. "I think i'll do it Jin."

"W-what?" The tears spilt over his eyes and i held his hands.

"Look at me." Jin still looked down. "Jin please...Look at me." He looked up and i spoke. "The wedding, sorted, our birthdays and holidays, sorted, our future, secured." I held his face. "I'm gonna miss you so much." I sobbed and hugged him tightly. I went to pull back but he held me firmly.

"D-don't let go!" You could tell Jin was crying. "Never let go..."

"Please don't cry..."  Jin shook his head and calmed down after  a while.

3rd person

The next day was spent with more crying and packing bags and then the next Namjoon and Jin were picked up early by Namjoon's parents, Jin's things packed in the car boot. Namjoon held onto Jin's hand in the car like he would never see him again. But the truth is that this is how he felt, how they both felt.

At the airport Jin started to cry again and Namjoon's mother comforted him. Namjoon sat his suitcase up and pulled Jin into a hug and kissed him, nodding.

"Look after him Mum, Dad." Jin sniffed. 

The two middle aged adults nodded.

"I love you...Goodbye Jin." When Namjoon turned and started to walk away with his suitcase Jin cried harder.

"Namjoon!" He shouted, his voice breaking. Namjoon turned his head. "I-i love you too." Jin watched Namjoon look at him once more before turning and boarding his flight. Jin sobbed louder and cuddled into his and Namjoon's mum's shoulder. 

"It's okay, baby." She comforted him, rubbing his back.

"H-he's he's g-"

"I know, i know. He'll be back soon." The family of three left the airport, Jin still hugged into who he called his mum's chest.

That night, after unpacking, Jin was called down for dinner. He sat down and poked his food.

"Jin, hun, i know he's on your mind but you have to eat." Jin didn't speak through dinner. He ate 1 roast potato and a carrot, then looking up at where Namjoon would be sitting and welled up. He poked around with his food again and then stood up.

"T-thank you for the meal." He bowed and turned to go up the stairs.

"Jin-" Jin clamped his eyes shut and a few tears escaped. He used his sleeve to wipe then and turned back around, putting on a fake smile. His dad looked at his red eyes and no longer wanted to tell him orders. He felt he would break if she said for him to finish his food. Instead he stood up and hugged Jin. "Sleep off them tears, son." He pulled back and wiped Jin's tears away. "We all miss him and he misses you." Jin nodded and went up to bed.

Jin didn't sleep til late. He sat on the corner of the bed and cried so much he didn't feel the tears running anymore.Then taking out his phone, Jin looked at the many pictures of him and Namjoon and smiled, running a finger down his face on the photo. The number taunted him and so he clicked it. It rang a few times before  confirming what he had been told about no service being there.

He got into bed and tried to sleep. He couldn't. Jin tried to make it seem like Namjoon was here with him. He grabbed the pillow next to him and hugged up to it. He felt nothing. Then standing up, Jin went into his suitcase and took out his Mario toy Namjoon got him when they first met. He laid back in bed and hugged it tight, his nose on top, sniffing in Namjoon's scent with his eyes closed, trying to imagine he was with him. Jin shook his head and turned, facing the wall. He felt so alone and without him knowing he started to cry again.

The door opened and it went silent for a minute.

"Jin?" He bit his lip, trying to seem asleep but his shaking gave away he was awake. "Oh...My baby boy."  His mum came in and lifted him up form his laying position, hugging him close while rocking side to side.

"H-h-he's only been gone a few hours mum. I-i c-can't do it. I want him back. I-i need to uhm-" Jin sat up and wiped his eyes. "I need to stop crying a-and get a job...lots of jobs. T-then if i work a lot h-he can come home early c-cant he mama?" Jin looked up at his mum.

"No baby, you know what you're like. You'll work and work until you physically hurt."

"I don't care, i want him t-to come back and hug me and and and...."

"Calm yourself down, you're gonna have a panic attack."

"Oh mum, i don't know what to do...I'm sorry f-for keeping you up and staying here and-"

"Nonsense, We love you so much. You need to sleep."

"I can't...Namjoon normally hugs me and strokes my hair until i fall asleep."

"Lay down." Jin laid down and his mum slowly stroked his hair. Jin was almost asleep.

"Thank you mum..." She smiled at Jin and he shut his eyes and finally fell to sleep. After, his mum tried to ring Namjoon. If Jin was this bad she would try everyday to ring him for Jin's sake.

Sophie's Note

Yeet! Hey its me. Uhm this chapter is uhm...im sorry. Jin's gonna be rly sad but I'm not gonna say anything that happens next chapter.

What did you think of this chapter? Leave a comment.

As always, don't be a ghost reader!

Annyeong!