25| Distractions

•Adia•

The next morning, while majority of the Pride was awake, I remained inside of the cave, a million thoughts going through my mind.

Will that new lioness compete with me for a spot in the hunting party?

What is her background and where did she come from?

Will she end up stealing Kibwe from me?

That last thought made my ears fall flat in sadness. I wasn't too fond of Kibwe flirting with her directly in front of me yesterday. I will admit that I was jealous. Extremely at that matter. I honestly thought Kibwe and I had something, but I guess I was wrong.

It's my fault for falling for him so fast anyways...

"Adia?" A voice called from the entrance of the cave.

I looked up and saw my mother standing at the entrance, beginning to walk in. Her tall frame created a silhouette with the bright sun shining behind her. Mother has a lighter fur color than Nya and I, so I'm assuming we got that from our father, whoever he may be.

"Oh, hey mom. What's up?" I asked, sitting up straight.

"Oh nothing. You just weren't outside with the others like usual and you've been a bit distant this morning. Is everything okay?" She asked, her red eyes looking into mine.

I fake smiled. "Yeah, everything's great."

She shook her head. "I know that's not true."

"But how-"

"I know my daughter, and I know when something is bothering you. What's the matter dear?"

I sighed. "Mom, I don't think you'd understand. It's complicated."

"Hey, I'm not that old!" She joked. We both shared a laugh, but I quickly switched back to serious.

"I'm serious though. I just have a lot on my mind."

She lifted a brow with a small smile. "Oh, is this boy trouble?"

I blushed and laughed nervously. "What? No, I mean of course not. That's silly!"

She chuckled. "Are you sure it's just nothing? I'm your mother, Adia. You can talk to me."

"I know, your right." I sighed. "Okay, I'll tell you."

She sat down beside me, ears open.

"Okay, so there is this guy. I'm sure you know of him. You know Kion right, the Lion Guard leader?"

She nodded.

"Well, his son, Kibwe..." I trailed off. Just saying his name instantly made my heart race pick up.

Mom chuckled. "Go on."

"We've been talking and hanging out for quite a while now. We've not only become great friends, but we also learned to be comfortable and happy around one another. I feel so safe when I'm at his side. It's a crazy but amazing feeling. But yesterday he did something to kind of tore all of that down."