43| Heavy Burden

•Kibwe•

I walked out of the half empty cavern that rested on Pride Rock. A few lionesses were lounging around inside as night was soon going to fall. They were putting their cranky cubs to rest and laying down themselves after a long day of hunting.

My mouth felt a little dry so I decided that a small and quick evening drink to the waterhole wouldn't be so bad. As I stood on my four large paws and began to walk down the rocky steps, I heard paw steps come walking along with a cheery voice.

"Kibweeee?"

I smiled, knowing exactly who the voice belonged to. I smirked to myself and quickly ran and hid behind a medium size bush. I peered my golden eyes from underneath.

Adia walked down Pride Rock as well, sniffing the air.

"I smell his scent. He's around here somewhere." I heard her whisper to herself. "Babe?" She called out again.

It made me chuckle in amusement. She turn her body around, scanning her bright blue eyes all over. I let a low growl ripple in my throat.

Now is my chance to get her...

I jump out from behind the bush with a loud roar. She turn around quickly and gasp. I tackle her and we roll around a few times on the ground before I successfully land on top.

"Hah! Got ya!" I cheered.

She roll her eyes and smile. "Whatever. You were just lucky I wasn't paying attention. Otherwise I could've torn you to shreds."

"Seems like someone needs some more improvement on their tackling skills young lady." I teased.

She lift a brow and smirk. "Oh really?"

"Yep." I said boastfully.

In the middle of soaking up all of the glory, I got distracted and Adia end up using her hind legs to kick me up and pin me underneath her miniature size paws.

"Woah!" I exclaimed, quickly as everything happen.

She giggled. "I guess I'm not the o my one that needs improvement on my tackling."

This time I roll my eyes. She lean down and press her nose against mine. I blush red all over my furry cheeks and give her nose a soft kiss.

Adia and I have definitely gotten an even stronger bond over the last few years. I fell even more in love with her than before. Everything has been going good in our relationship and I NEVER plan on letting her go or letting her slip past me like that again.

After our sweet moment, she allow me to get up and shake out her gorgeous tan fur. I stand up and shake out my cream fur as well along with my mane.

"Anyways," She began speaking. "What are you heading out to do on this lovely evening?"

I shift my eyes towards the trail to the left of us. "Heading our to get a nice evening drink and maybe even enjoy the sunset. You know, to clear my head."

She step up a bit closer to me. "Mind if I tag along?"

I shook my head. "Of course not, you know you're always welcome to join me."