44| Family History

•Vitani•

Another gorgeous and quiet evening arose on the Pride Lands. After mingling with my sister in law Kiara and having some alone time with my husband and daughter, I decide to walk to the top of Pride Rock and enjoy some of the nighttime on my own.

My violet purple eyes look all around the lands, nothing but succulent green grass and life. I am an extremely proud sister of my brother Kovu and Kiara as well. Simba and Nala have both taught them well and they are handling being King and Queen just fine.

I start drifting off into more deeper thoughts, thinking of how my life would have turned out if my family and I stayed travelers for such a long time. We did face many obstacles along the way, especially when Tia was just a cub. She was under extreme protection by me and her father. We all had to grow together and become one.

That word one cause a small smile to appear on my face. As the Great King Mufasa always said, we are one.

"Mother?"

I twitch my ears at the sound of the voice and stand up from the coolness of the ground I was laying on. I turn my body halfway around and see my gorgeous daughter come forward. She is an exact replica of both her father and I in some ways.

"Hi pretty girl." I greet, which cause her to smile. "Shouldn't you be back inside of the warm cave with the others? It's getting kind of late.."

She chuckle. "I will be alright, besides you weren't there and I had to escape from dad's loud snoring, you know how that goes."

We both share a laugh.

"Oh yes I know, but try living with your Uncle Kovu, he snores way louder than your father I'm sure."

She giggle, and comes to take a small seat next to me, her fur brushing against my own. She turned her grey eyes and stared into the starry night sky. Cool winds surrounded us, causing chills to come over.

"You know Mom, you never really told me much about your old life. You know, before you met dad and had me. What was your life like living here?" She ask curiously.

"Oh, I did not grow up here Tia. Just your Aunt Kiara, this is her home. She was born and raised here. Your two Uncles and I were raised somewhere else not too far from here."

She shake her head in small amusement. "Wait, I have two Uncles? So Kovu isn't your only brother?"

I smile lightly, returning to my laying position I was in before. She looked down at me and I patted the space beside me with my paw.

"Get comfortable, this might be a very long story."

She smile and lay down close beside me, her eyes completely focused on me. I however glanced into the darkness, my thoughts coming together.

"In the past, I grew up in a small and deserted area called the Out Lands. It is way beyond the borders of the Pride Lands, and was before empty and quiet until my mother, Zira and a few rouge lionesses came together and claimed the land as their own. My mother also had a older son who came with her, your Uncle Nuka. Zira never told us of the story of how Nuka came to be, she probably met up with some desperate rouge. Anyways, mother claims that she found Kovu and I tucked inside of a warm den, crying softly. Apparently our birth parents abandon us.."