40| Warm Welcome

•Tia•

The moon began to set in the west of the sky, the sun beginning to rise in the east. The warm light began to cover the entire savannah in its brightness, indicating that a new day was upon us. Slowly opening my light grey eyes, I rolled my body over and looked outside of the small den that my family and I were sleeping in, and noticed that we were in a much different environment.

This one had succulent green grass, hundreds of different animals to prey on, and a large water source. Not to mention that my mother's brother, or my supposed Uncle is the current King of these beautiful lands.

"Goodmorning everyone!" Mother's cheery voice loudly called, interrupting my deep thoughts and waking up my father.

She stood up with a large smile plastered on her face. It made me chuckle it bit. It made me happy that she was so excited to see her brother again. Father stood up on his four large paws, and shook his fluffy mane.

"Goodmorning honey. Someone is excited!" He said, nuzzling her sweetly.

Mother purred and lick his nose. "Of course I am. It's been years since I've seen Kovu and Kiara. We all have so much catching up to do."

I stretch out my body and stand up as well.

"So when will we be heading to Pride Rock?" I ask.

"Aunt Vitani?" A soft voice call from outside the den. We all twitch our ears and recognize that it's just Princess Nama.

Mother smiled. "Right about now. Nama is here to get us and bring us there."

"Ohhhhh." Father and I both said in sync, laughing.

We exited the den, and entered the bright morning light. Nama stood tall and had a good posture. She smiled warmly at us.

"Goodmorning you guys. My parents are at home waiting for your arrival. I told them that we have special visitors coming to Pride Rock today. They probably think it's just another meeting day with another royal lion pride. I didn't want to spoil the surprise." She giggled.

Father nodded. "That's very clever of you."

Mother nodded as well. "Indeed, although my brother doesn't really like surprises too much. He hasn't since we were young cubs."

Nama chuckled. "Well if that's the case then we should get going."

We all followed behind her tail as she lead us to Pride Rock. As we continued to walk, I scanned my grey eyes around the beautiful landscape. Everywhere you turned there was something new to look at. This place was just so full of life. It must be amazing to live in such a huge kingdom like this.

We neared closer to Pride Rock, it now becoming more tall and visible to our sight. I gasped in shock.

"Wow! You guys actually live here? How cool! It's so much more beautiful than mother described it to be."

"Yes dear, this is it. Home to the Great Kings and Queens of the Past." Mother said, looking around with her bright violet eyes. "Not much has changed around here, Nama."

She shook her head. "Nope, it's all pretty much the same. But enough chit chat, let me go and fetch my parents from inside the cavern. You guys can come up if you want."