My life, sort of

I wake up being licked in the face by my puppy girl Masy. I laugh and push her away. Than I realise this is the first day of summer break, I really needed that. I don't have to get up yet, I can just stay in bed for a couple of hours, love it! I'm enjoying this moment, but than my dad walks in. Crap, I totally forgot.
"Elena, me, Kheila and Rose are leaving in half an hour. Are you coming?"
I nod and get up. My dad is going on a vacation with his new girlfriend and my little sister Rose, I'm staying home. My dad thinks I'm old and mature enough now to stay home on my own. And I can always call my aunt. My mom died many years ago, I was only seven when it happened. She had to fly to Ghana for her work, but her plane crashed and I never saw her again. Me, my dad and my little sister had to do it without mom from than on. My sister was only 2 in that time. She can't even remember what mom was like. I think that's the worst part, I couldn't talk to her about it, but I couldn't talk to my dad about it either. My dad has been in a depression for a very long time and my aunt helped our family out in this time. Her name is Jamillah and she's the best aunt anyone could ever wish for. I was happy that she was there, because now I had someone to talk to. But after a few years my dad told her she didn't have to come everyday anymore, that he was ready to take care of his family again. It's been ten years since the plane crash happened. I'm 17 and my sister is 12. We've all grown so much, and we live our lives like we have to, but this will always stay with us. So I guess this is kind of a short summery of my life. I wave my dad, sister and Kheila goodbye and tell them to have a great vacation. Than I go back inside and go back to bed. This is not all that's to tell about my life, of course. But you'll find out more about my life later.