Leaving

I'm leaving today. I have barely spoken to Damon since the last time we fought. Only once, when he said he was 100% sure of staying here with his brother. Masy died in the meantime. Another thing that makes me feel bad. But I'm happy that I'm going on this journey, I'm going to discover a whole new world. I will make new friends, learn a lot, and I will live next to the beach. It's going to be great! I hope...
Stefan and Cassidy are here to say goodbye to me. They're taking a year off, just to find out what they want in life. I'm happy for them, and I'm happy to have such good friends.
"I'm sorry Damon isn't here."
"No Damon today."
"Elena..."
"No, I'm going to make a new start.  New world, new friends. I will be fine."
She looks at me like she doesn't believe me. Of course it hurts that he didn't even come to say goodbye, but I can't do anything about it and if this is what he wants...
"At least let me be your friend too."
"Always! Care! Come here."
I hug her.
"I'm going to miss you."
Her eyes are filling with tears.
"Don't cry, I don't want to..."
And there I go, the two of us crying while Stefan is just standing over there.
"Okay girls, are you done?"
Stefan laughs, we laugh with him.
"Group hug?"
Stefan joins our hug and I sigh deeply.
"Don't be miserable without me." I say.
"We'll see you soon. Good luck."
"Thankyou guys. I love you."
Than my dad comes out of the house with the car keys and my luggage.
"Time to go."
I get in the car and wave at Stefan and Cassidy. Than we drive off to the airport. I said goodbye to Jamillah and Kheila yesterday, my sister this morning. She was very emotional, I didn't realise she cared so much. I told her I would be back before she knew it. She gave me the most loving hug ever and I felt like I could beat the world. Now I'm not so sure anymore. I still have some doubts about this, but I know I have to give it a try. And I will, I'm not planning on messing this up for myself.
"Here we are."
Dad looks me in the eyes.
"Are you ready for this?"
"No." I laugh. "But I will be fine."
Dad smiles, I can see he's holding it up. We walk inside together and say goodbye, from here I have to do it myself.
"I love you. Don't forget to call me."
"I won't dad. Love you too."
"Now go, or you'll miss your flight."
I hug him and go.
"Bye dad."
"Bye, beautiful daughter."
The flight was good. I was a little afraid, have had that for a long time after my mom died because of the plain accident... But I arrived and got to my appartment. It's beautiful, and I can see the sea from here. It's what I always imagined. I feel tired. I drop my luggage in my room and let myself fall on my bed. I'm actually here. Lets hope there are some cool people around. Oh, I promised Cassidy I would call her when I arrived.
*Cas.*
*Elenaaaaa!*
*I'm at my appartment.*
*How is it?*
*It's so beautiful. Just like I imagined.*
*I'm so glad!*
*Me too. Hey listen, I'm really tired. I'll call you later, if that's okay?*
*Yeah, of course. Take some rest. And have fun, make friends. Love you.*
*Love you too.*
I hang up. Than I let my dad and Jamillah know I arrived. After that I take a nap, that flight made me so tired.