First kiss

"Let me come with you, you're scared."
No, no, no, no! Okay, he's right, I don't dare to go out there by myself, but why doesn't Cassidy ask to come with, why does it have to be him? I just put on my jacket and Damon does the same. I walk out the door with Masy, him behind me. Stefan and Cas put the movie on pause, but they stay home. I wonder if Cassidy will talk about her feelings for him. Or if it's awkward between them. Damon and I don't talk for the first few minutes, he's walking behind me and I don't even notice he's there, because he's so quiet, but it does make me feel safer. My head's still going crazy and my heart is still pounding, I don't know what to say. Masy stops to pee and Damon comes standing next to me. I just look at Masy, but I can see from the corner of my eyes that he's looking at me like he wants to ask something but is afraid. Masy starts walking again so I do too, but than Damon grabs my arm and holds me back.
"Why don't you like him?"
So that's the question he wanted to ask. But doesn't he know, hasn't he noticed? Or is he just that stupid?
"I like him, as a friend. Just nothing more."
He puts his hand off of my arm.
"Elena, I can't be with you. I'm not the good brother. I make mistakes, I keep making mistakes. Stefan is finishing school next year and he will start college. And I'm just here doing no-"
I interrupt him. So he did notice. I'm nervous but I have to do this. My feelings are too much.
"Damon. This isn't about Stefan. This is about us. You feel it too, I just know it. I know I shouldn't do this, but everything inside me tells me I should. I like Stefan, as a friend. But what I feel for you, it's more than that. Damon, I think I'm-"
"No Elena, don't say it. You can't say it."
I come closer to his face.
"Damon, I'm in love with you."
He looks at me with his beautiful eyes, my eyes first and than my lips. He turns away, his eyebrows frown. Than he turns around, for a few seconds he looks at my lips again. He comes closer. We kiss. It's the best feeling I've ever had. This is my first ever real kiss and it's way better than I could ever expect it to be. Damon lays his hands over my face, so I lay my hands on his. This feeling in my stomach is unreal. I'm in love. I'm so in love.