Meeting dad

It's 12 am and I'm all ready. Damon really wanted to meet my dad, and I thought it was a good idea, even though it makes me really nervous. I wonder how Damon feels about this, he didn't sound too nervous. My dad's still free from work today, but Kheila is working. Rose is just playing video games. I'm waiting for the bell to ring, Damon texted me 15 minutes ago he was on his way. I pet Masy and she licks my hand. Than the door bell rings and I stand up very quickly to walk to the door. Dad's just reading the newspaper. I open the door.
"Hey."
"Hii."
He doesn't look nervous to me, than why am I this nervous? I take Damon inside and my dad doesn't even look at first, so it's kinda awkward. We just stand there. Than Rose notices us.
"Hey, Damon!"
Shit, now dad knows Rose has already seen him before. Dad looks up. I swallow. I should say something.
"Dad, this is Damon."
Damon walks over to dad and they shake hands.
"George. You're one of Elena's new friends?"
Damon looks at me.
"Actually, dad, he's more than just a friend."
Dad looks at me, than he looks at Damon, and again at me. Than he looks at Rose.
"You knew this already, you knew his name."
Oh my god, I hope she doesn't tell him about Damon being in my room.
"Yeah, uhm, Elena showed me some pictures of him yesterday."
Dad nods, thankyou Rose.
"Well Damon, tell me about you."
We sit down at the table and we just start talking about how we met and Damon tells about his life, but not in details. I can tell he's not comfortable enough to tell all of it yet. But my dad seems to be sincerely interested. I'm getting less nervous already. Rose also comes to talk and ask questions. She asks him about school and he tells her he's not in school anymore, she's shocked. Dad starts saying things about my school and how senior year is almost going to start. I feel happy. After like an hour my dad says he has to go because he's seeing a friend, but he asks Damon to come and eat dinner tonight, at our place. Than my dad leaves and Damon and I go upstairs. First we talk some more and than we watch a movie.
"My dad seems to like you."
"Yeah, he seemed okay. I'm glad."
"Me too." I smile. He strokes my hand with his thumb.
"Are you happy?"
He looks at me, questionable.
"Yes, why that question?"
"I don't know, just wanted to know."
He looks me in the eyes and wipes my hair out of my face. Than he strokes my cheek.
"Are you happy?"
He looks at my lips.
"Yes, I'm happy."
He kisses me. It's intense. Does he want more? I don't know. Than Rose comes in, she looks shocked.
"Rose, knock, please!"
"I-I'm sorry. I just wanted to ask if you could help me with the tv, it's not working."
I walk with her and put the tv on, it was not that hard.
"If dad would've seen you." She says. I don't say anything and go back upstairs. Than dad comes back, he wants to start cooking, but than Damon says: "We can do that." He looks at me.
"Yeah, we can cook."
Dad looks at me, I've never cooked before for my dad and sister, I can cook, I just don't do it a lot. That's a good move Damon made.
"Okay, yes, if you want to."
Damon and I start cooking. We're making pasta, we're having a lot of fun. Kheila is coming home too.
"Hii, Kheila."
"Damon. Nice to meet you."
When it's done we start eating, and it's so good, I didn't know Damon was such a good cook! We just talk a little and my dad brings up school again. When we're done eating, Damon and I take a walk with Masy. He takes my hand.
"Damon, I didn't know you could cook!"
"Well, I was kinda forced to learn it, because of my dad who's never home. But the good thing is, I actually like it, so I don't mind doing it."
"That's just great, I suck at cooking."
"Yeah, I didn't want to say, but I noticed." He smirks. I slap his arm.
"What? You said it yourself!" I laugh, idiot.
"No, you were okay."
I give him a quick kiss. He smiles.
"Damon, you heard my dad right. School is starting soon and it's probably going to be taking a lot of my time."
"Yeah, I heard. And I know, but we can work it out. School's important, but seeing each other is important too." I'm glad he thinks like this. We walk further and when we come back, Damon says goodbye to my family and leaves. I take a shower and go to my room.
*Hung out with Stefan again. Had a lot of fun, he's so sweet. How was your day? Heard Damon was going to meet your dad today.*
I text her back.
*Great to hear! I think it went well, my dad seemed to like him.*
I hear knocks on my door.
"Come in!" It's dad.
"Hii, beautiful daughter."
"Hii dad."
"You got yourself a handsome man."
"Yeah..."
"He made a good impression today. But, isn't he a lot older than you?"
"6 years. Remember how I always said that 7 years inbetween would be my max?" We laugh. "I'm happy if you're happy. But be careful, always."
I hug him.
"Thankyou dad."
I'm happy I can talk to him about it like this.
Before I go to sleep I scroll through my Instagram, Damon posted something, a picture of me that he made the night he took me out for dinner. The caption says: Enjoying the smile of my beautiful princess every day 😍
I feel so happy seeing this. I want to comment I love you! But I can't do that yet. We haven't even said it in real life yet, so I just comment some hearts. Than I text him.
*Goodnight babe*
I immediately get a text back.
*I was waiting for that. Send me a kiss. Goodnight princess.*
Than I go to sleep, feeling like I am the luckiest girl in the world.