A little surprise

I get home and feel weird. What just happened? That was not just a regular conversation, and that was not a feeling I've had before. I sit down on the couch and Masy comes to me so I cuddle with her.
"Masy, why did Stefan not tell about his brother and why do I feel what I feel?"
She just licks my face.
"Should I call Cas?"
Than Masy runs away and I see that she has something in her mouth.
"Masy, come here, what is that?"
I run after her and get it out of her mouth. It's a piece of paper and something is written on it. I can still read it.
"Here's my phone number, because, I do have a phone." And his phone number beneath it with a whinky smiley face. I look at it, is this real? Masy is jumping up, normally I don't want that, but now I don't care. I pick her up and hug her, and I'm smiling like an idiot. I don't really know what's going on, but it feels good. I save the phone number and look at his profile picture. He's wearing a hat, he's so beautiful. I doubt if I'd text him immediately, I don't know what to say. Maybe I should wait. Maybe I should call Cas, I haven't heard of her today anyway. Okay, that's what I'm gonna do. It's going over and over, but she doesn't pick up. Maybe she's busy. I feel like I need to go outside, so I take Masy for a walk again, a long one this time. Without even realising I'm walking towards Stefan's and Damon's house. When I notice what's going on I turn around, I can't walk all the way to that house. Than I hear someone yelling.
"Elena!" Stefan is running towards me and Masy.
"Hey, Elena!" He says when he arrives.
"Hii" We hug each other and he's walking home with me while we're talking. It seems like he doesn't know anything about me being in his house with Damon today. When we get to my place he walks in with me.
"Elena?" He says all shy suddenly. I look at him.
"I want to tell you something." There he goes again, acting all weird. He takes my hand and we sit down on the couch. This all feels so weird, what is he going to tell me? We look at each other for what felt like a long time, than he sighs.
"I like you, Elena."
Shit. What do I say? Oh my god, I don't want to hurt him, but I can't say I like him too, because I don't. Well, not in that way, I like him as my friend. He's looking at me and I still don't say anything. His face looks concerned now, instead of nervous.
"I'm sorry." I take some more distance.
"I don't think I feel the same way. I like you too, but as my friend, I just want to be friends." It's so hard to say, his face seems like he's going to cry. I feel bad.
"Oh, yeah, sure. I mean, okay. That's okay." He turns his head. After a few seconds he gets up and walks out of the door. God, why hadn't I noticed this? Now I really can't text Damon, right...